• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Never ending :/

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Both bunnies have been ill lately. They seemed to have improved and tonight there was an accident with Daphne.

She got her front paw shut in the baby gate. Not hard but she did hold her paw up afterwards. I've chased her around for 5 mins to give her a metacam dose but Please can we have be better vibes.

She now hates me again so I bribed her with cranberries. I don't like to admit it but sometimes I do hate being a care giver to rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Both bunnies have been ill lately. They seemed to have improved and tonight there was an accident with Daphne.

She got her front paw shut in the baby gate. Not hard but she did hold her paw up afterwards. I've chased her around for 5 mins to give her a metacam dose but Please can we have be better vibes.

She now hates me again so I bribed her with cranberries. I don't like to admit it but sometimes I do hate being a care giver to rabbits.

Loads of get better vibes :wave:

I'm sure she will be OK. It's quite hard work keeping on top of their antics, and they do seem to get up to some :roll:

I hope you are for a clear stretch of peace soon xx

Oh no poor Daphne! She’ll be okay, probably milking it to make you feel bad and feed her them cranberries ;) will still send paw mending vibes though, just in case :D

Awh poor baby :( they're such terrors bunnies sometimes - I'm sure she'll forgive you, sending lots of vibes for her and hugs for you if you want them :) xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Poor Daphne :( I'm sure it's nothing that some cranberries (and metacam) won't make right though..bunnies can be very forgiving when there's treats involved!

I hope that Daphne is OK now. I can certainly empathise with what the emotional impact of having ongoing health issues with Bunnies is like. Sometimes I just want to run away. But we know we'd never do that. It's just an understandable response to the effects of all the stress ill Bunnies can cause.

I've been watching her on the camera most of the night. She's been a bit quieter than normal so will watch closely today and may do a vet visit for peace of mind.

It was OH that got her paw. I had to spend 10 mins telling him she's fine and it's not a big deal.

Thank you for all the support and vibes x

I've been watching her on the camera most of the night. She's been a bit quieter than normal so will watch closely today and may do a vet visit for peace of mind.

It was OH that got her paw. I had to spend 10 mins telling him she's fine and it's not a big deal.

Thank you for all the support and vibes x

Vibes for you all this morning DP xx

Back