• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rabbit friendly climbers?

Leannean27

Alpha Buck
Morning, does anyone know of any low growing climbers which are rabbit friendly? I'm planning on growing one next to the run so it can grow around one half of the run and they can pick at it ad hoc?

Morning, does anyone know of any low growing climbers which are rabbit friendly? I'm planning on growing one next to the run so it can grow around one half of the run and they can pick at it ad hoc?

A thornless Blackberry would be OK. All of it would be rabbit safe and the thornless ones are less vigorous than the ones with thorns and so you could train it to be low-growing.

Agree re blackberry - or a climbing/rambiling rose? I’d make a mesh ring to protect the lower stem while it’s young though if your rabbits have any free range time or they’ll demolish it!

Back