Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor-Indoor (Temporarily)

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Another vote for keeping them together.

I don't want to advise against your vet - However I will say if the enclosure is kept clean and she has access to warm & dry areas the risk of infection shouldn't be any higher keeping her outside.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Thank you! As I have mentioned just recently, at this time of year it can get quite dirty in there and the sawdust probably wonít make it any better, I might consider putting her outside towards the end of her recovery so it is on the way to healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toffee and Pebbles are BAAEE

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I wouldn't separate them, can make things worse

I'd bring them both in, and make a larger area for them to be in together x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I will talk to my mum and see what we can do to make the area she is in currently a bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffs and Pebbs View Post
    Hi

You guys have all said about keeping my two buns together but the only thing Iím worried about is if Pebbles and Toffee are licking it, that canít make it any better. And I would be worried about space for both of them. I do agree that they probably are missing each other and I definitely do not want to break their bond, do you guys think it would be a good idea to maybe when Toffee goes in the run, put Pebbles with her too? So they do get to see each other but not 24/7? Thank you all again!

The licking shouldn't be too much of an issue in all honest as Pebbles will be able to lick it herself anyway.

You can try in the run, however they may become confused as to why they keep being separated x

Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

I definately wouldn't split them.

If you decide to keep them inside, then they will need a much larger area.

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    The licking shouldn't be too much of an issue in all honest as Pebbles will be able to lick it herself anyway.

You can try in the run, however they may become confused as to why they keep being separated x

Well she does lick it and we try to tell her not too especially because of the sudocreme and we think that because of her licking it or something else that she is losing a lot more fur around the area, there is much less fur then there was yesterday and she hasnít caught it on anything, we think she has licked it and that has made it fall out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by *lily* View Post
    I definately wouldn't split them.

If you decide to keep them inside, then they will need a much larger area.
    Well at the moment we physically canít make the area any bigger without buying a load of stuff, which my mum wouldnít like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffs and Pebbs View Post
    Well at the moment we physically can’t make the area any bigger without buying a load of stuff, which my mum wouldn’t like to do.

I would put her back outside then.

Also, the rabbits will be missing each other and shouldn't be split.

Quote Originally Posted by *lily* View Post
    I would put her back outside then.

Also, the rabbits will be missing each other and shouldn't be split.
    Well her skin is getting better and she does seem less stressed when she is inside, we have been putting them out in the run together and when they are together they look so happy, once her skin is recovered enough and fur is starting to grow back I will probably put her back outside as then they can be together 24/7. However for now she seems to be getting on fine when she is inside for the night and evening and outside for the day. Thank you.

Hi,

It's great they are getting on great outside together, so how it her wound looking now? it can take a little while for the fur to grow back, so providing the wound is looking okay, I personally would be putting her back outside with her mate as it's obvious she is missing them.

I had a bunny who had x2 broken legs with a frame on the outside of each leg, although he was confined to cage rest he loved trying to hop around again. As soon as we we're certain his bones we're strong enough he was outside in his run hopping about. During this time, he still had the frame for a week or so, which was always slightly prone to infection but he was absolutely fine. Even though his fur took a good 5-6 weeks before it started to grow back. Throughout this time, he was caged for the majority of it but he had his sister round him all the time and would constantly lie down next to him. I actually found that the fresh air did him the world of good..
    Rest in peace my beautiful fur babies - Tango, Whiskey, Harvey & Honey **Forever in my heart**