• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Movable rabbit runs

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I like the fold away aspect of this run, good for getting the lawn fully grazed! Has anyone bought from this company? What did you think of the build quality?

https://www.rabbit-hutches.co.uk/large-rabbit-run#reviews

eta just looked at the measurements, only a tiny bit bigger than my syrian hamsters cage!!!!!!

Any ideas for an easy to move good sized run?

Last edited:
Would you have anyone to help move the run at all?

Just wondering if a normal one with some easy grab handles on the sides would work? (Like ones that stick out - kinda like on the beds you see in Roman films with the woman being carried around.)
They could be hinged or similar so they're down when not in use?

Foldaway runs have lots of weak points which make it easy for predators to gain access.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

No. I live with my elderly Mother who is unable to walk, let alone move rabbit runs!

I guess I will have to go with the metal runs and only let them out under my supervision. It is going to be in the front garden so there is very unlikely to be any preddies around.

What about Runaround or even aviary panels made by yourself/local carpenter/Manor Pets/Boyles Pets to whatever specs you need? My wooden runs are made of roofing lathes in the style of aviary panels with wire to fasten the corners and aren't that hard to move around or disassemble.

What about Runaround or even aviary panels made by yourself/local carpenter/Manor Pets/Boyles Pets to whatever specs you need? My wooden runs are made of roofing lathes in the style of aviary panels with wire to fasten the corners and aren't that hard to move around or disassemble.

That sounds interesting. Any pics?

It doesnt have to fold just has to be easy to move Daphne. There must be some easy simple solutions!

Great set up 8)

(Is this what I couldn’t open the other day?)

Yes, I worked out that I hadn't set up a shareable link.

You can see that my set up keeps changing; it originally started as 2 bunnies & 2 wooden runs with runaround custom connections then went to 4 bunnies with 1 wooden run and 1 runaround run each. If I get chance I'll update with how it looks now.

Lovely set up. Does it take long to dismantle or is it up all the time?

Your white rabbit reminds me of Daisy

34q2uf9.jpg

Lovely set up. Does it take long to dismantle or is it up all the time?

Your white rabbit reminds me of Daisy

That's Sylvester :) A little white ball of fluff about the weight of a bag of sugar with his OH Logan. The harlequins are Harley and Quinn.

The wooden runs are up all the time as it's their main space but dismantling and assembly doesn't take that long as I'm just using the copper wire as twist ties effectively and balancing the corners against each other before tying. I've managed a few times to twist the wire so there's enough give for sort of folding one panel against each other when needing to move them as they can be moved in pairs with care but generally I untie them.

The panels are pretty simple to construct especially if you build to fit the height of the wire and I've got some frames that need refurbishing now that I've had for 6 years. Really appreciate my Dad's diy skills especially when it comes to the door panels as it gives me more flexibility for layout.

I purchased one the other week from https://homeandroost.co.uk/product-category/rabbit-runs/folding/ and after now checking I'm seeing they're cheaper so I am gutted.
It's fully foldable as long as you don't nail the lid down. Secured using hook and eyes, they only give two but I'm going to buy more to prevent me from having to nail the lid down like they recommend. It uses galvanised wire and I've been able to put it up and down myself. I purchased the six foot one.
You can pay through amazon pay which is cool and it came the same week, along with my hutch.
Don't know if this is what you're looking for but figured I'd drop it in incase it's helpful:D

I purchased one the other week from https://homeandroost.co.uk/product-category/rabbit-runs/folding/ and after now checking I'm seeing they're cheaper so I am gutted.
It's fully foldable as long as you don't nail the lid down. Secured using hook and eyes, they only give two but I'm going to buy more to prevent me from having to nail the lid down like they recommend. It uses galvanised wire and I've been able to put it up and down myself. I purchased the six foot one.
You can pay through amazon pay which is cool and it came the same week, along with my hutch.
Don't know if this is what you're looking for but figured I'd drop it in incase it's helpful:D

Is it easy to move? It would be for occasional use on the front lawn, supervised.

It is helpful. Thank you. I like the look of it.

Last edited:
Yeah I've found its moveable because it folds in, I put it up and down every day on my lawn. Takes a little moving back and forth to push in the back and front but it ends up compact and it's not very heavy either. I use the lid to cover the front of the hutch in the night. Adds further protection, which I'm using to stop my nosey cats, as I'm still integrating them. If you have a hutch with legs, like mine, you could pop it under there for storage too which is cool, depending on size.

Also when I brought a hutch and the run from that company, they gave me a pack of haribo and freddo which was the most adorable thing ever, who does that haha.

Thanks for that isabelle. I am now considering getting a local fence maker to build an aviary for my oudoor rabbits and may ask about doing a run for the indoor pair too. Will show him thos run as a template.

Hope these guys appreciate all the effort that I am making for them

5xsmds.jpg

Back