• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shot in the dark

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
This rearly is a shot in the dark but does any body know anyone that would concider tacking on a dutch baby rabbit with very bad teeth . there 3 of them and are at present in a foster home as there is no chance that they can be rehomed. It would be a big comitment and end up being costly. They are currently at crayford in kent. If any one thinks they good offer one of these rabbits a home please pm me. val :?:

val

They are 2 boys and a girl, the boys have not been done yet they are about 15 wks. we dont normaly get the girls done because of cst but i could probebly swing it if it ment a home. One of them is not to bad teeth wise they are level but may get worse the other 2 are very bad when they came in the top teeth had grown down into the bottom lip and they could not open their mouth. They are in good condition and are friendly. They are all blk and white. If you are interrested let me know and i will get them done for you. Our charge is 30 per pair or 28 each. Thanks for your interrest. val

Good question Marie, I just had Starsky's incisors removed and he's much happier. His teeth would never have aligned naturally (bottom ones stuck out a right angles to the gum and top ones curved into his mouth). He's eating chopped hay and all his veggies (which are cut up to bite sized bits) and through time and good diet his cheek teeth should be fine too.

Its just i know someone whos bun had the top and bottom teeth removed the bunny can still eat and is much happer now.

Hi,

I would recommend having the teeth removed if they are really bad but be aware it does not mean they won't grow back. My first rabbit had her teeth removed 5 times over a period of 4 years but it made the time inbetween much easier and happier for her.

She spent most off her life eating soaked excel but she love dit.

Back