• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run around

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Anybun use it and would you recommend it?

It's for a bunny playground project

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Had it when we had outdoor rabbits, we had 2 8ft tunnel kits. They are great :thumb:

Have runaround as well. Have a fair amount of it; two large runs, four junction boxes, two high tunnels, four plastic tunnels plus multiple single & double doors. Also had some custom connections made so that my wooden runs would hook up to the runaround system easily.

Not cheap but well made and would definitely recommend. They were pretty helpful with making sure I got the custom connections made to how I needed them and also made the runs so that they are ready to take top boxes when/if I decide to get them.

Did have a thread with a video of the old set up but I think the Photobucket palaver has messed it up; keep meaning to do a new one.

I use one of the connections (free giveaway on here) but the tubes I scavenged from building sites. I couldn't live without it :) The tubes are very sturdy/chew-proof, but we've attached ours with garden wire ties or not at all because we're lazy and don't have foxes ;P The one attached with the connector is really secure though, I'm sure the mesh would come off before the tube popped out!

11143511_10101897520886728_4138833607129386864_o.jpg

I I don't understand how it all connects to a run? Do you cut out the mesh? Those pipes are cool, don't they get hot in the summer? Xx

Have runaround as well. Have a fair amount of it; two large runs, four junction boxes, two high tunnels, four plastic tunnels plus multiple single & double doors. Also had some custom connections made so that my wooden runs would hook up to the runaround system easily.

Not cheap but well made and would definitely recommend. They were pretty helpful with making sure I got the custom connections made to how I needed them and also made the runs so that they are ready to take top boxes when/if I decide to get them.

Did have a thread with a video of the old set up but I think the Photobucket palaver has messed it up; keep meaning to do a new one.
That's a shame I would of liked to of seen your set up. In need of inspiration! Sounds like bunny heaven though

I have runaround kit, Ive connected 2 runs, plus have 2 doors with tunnels going into runs on the grass (those are shut off at night to stop digging out) . I can send some photos if you pm me your email address as I’m rubbish at posting photos on here. Ive got wire tunnels as well. They’re great. I bought mine off someone on here. You have to cut holes to fit the doors but once you’ve done one, they’re easy to do. The tunnels have breathe holes in so they don’t get hot.

I’ve got some Runaround stuff here (only one bit actually connected) if you want a nose?

I keep meaning to put it all up but I think my project is on hold as we are thinking about moving house

I'd highly recommend the products / company.

We have two 16ft tunnels connecting a shed and run and a playhouse and run. Also a spare set for an upcoming project. The doors are great so you can slide in the cover whenever you need to (we close them off at night). Very versatile, mesh to wood, wood to wood etc, just removing a small section to attach.

I'm intrigued by this playground you have planned :) x

Are they secure zoobec?

Yes, very secure. At hutch/shed end you cut out a hole with a jigsaw, and fit the connector plates to clamp the pipe in. In the case of mesh, they supply a strong metal mesh square with the correct size hole in it for the pipe to be clamped to, this is fastened to your mesh. After the rabbits had moved out of those setups into the shed and aviary, the goats had a good go at trying to wreck them, bashing them with their horns and jumping on them but they didn’t break:thumb:

Thanks everyone, looking from photos i was struggling to see how it all fits securely through a run. If Toby was to get loose in my garden I would never catch him :D

I'd highly recommend the products / company.

We have two 16ft tunnels connecting a shed and run and a playhouse and run. Also a spare set for an upcoming project. The doors are great so you can slide in the cover whenever you need to (we close them off at night). Very versatile, mesh to wood, wood to wood etc, just removing a small section to attach.

I'm intrigued by this playground you have planned :) x
I decided to go wendy house to runs. I'm going to keep adding runs over time so I was thinking run around to connect them. Then my buns can finally enjoy outside! My garden had a lot of rubbish from doing the house up so just cleared it all and ready for the buns!

I was wondering about the runs being on the grass as I don't want anyone digging out. What options have I got for some sort of flooring?

I was wondering about the runs being on the grass as I don't want anyone digging out. What options have I got for some sort of flooring?

If you want grass you could remove the top layer of turf, and put weld mesh down, then replace the turf. I’m not sure how long the grass would last though! In my big aviary style run it was too big to slab and we used playbark over mesh, has to be playbark not ornamental as ornamental is treated. Luckily my lot didn’t eat it or use it as a toilet:lol:

We will be getting runaround when we move as they are able to make them for holes in walls (for the house). We want to attach it to a run in the garden so the girls get free access to the garden when we are home.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I’ve bought another run and would like to connect this alongside my existing run. Looking on the runaround website could I by one ‘clover’ and fasten both mesh runs together with this omitting the need for a pipe?

We will be getting runaround when we move as they are able to make them for holes in walls (for the house). We want to attach it to a run in the garden so the girls get free access to the garden when we are home.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
That sounds awesome! I would actually do something like that if they where free range!

I’ve bought another run and would like to connect this alongside my existing run. Looking on the runaround website could I by one ‘clover’ and fasten both mesh runs together with this omitting the need for a pipe?

I’m not sure what you would need but 2 clovers might clamp them together? If you contact them they are very helpful indeed :thumb:

Back