• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 males

Alicia

Mama Doe
Beans currently lives with Izzy and he’s very attached to her. Unfortunately Izzy is quite ill and is going downhill. Obviously I’m doing all I can for her and I don’t meant I be morbid but I’m worried about how Beans will be when she goes. I have another male rabbit, Angus. Both B and A are neutered, and are both around a year old. They have met once and A humped B but we didn’t do introduce them properly. Are 2 males likely to work or is it better to get female partners for them?

I’m worried that Beans will be very down when Izzy goes and I’d want Angus to be some comfort for him, not for them to fight or just stay away from each other

I’ve no experience at all of bonding two males - just a recently bereaved male and female which was incredibly easy - but, as I understand it, it can totally go either way. That’s actually no help at all as I read it back! Just wanted to be supportive. Sending vibes for Izzy too xx

Back