Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumpling my lovely hamster

Alpha Buck

Default Dumpling my lovely hamster

Today I lost my little Russian dwarf hamster, Dumpling. I got him for my son from Burrowed Hearts rescue last year and he was the sweetest tamest hamster ever.
    Yesterday I was cleaning him out and he seemed a bit dozy, but it was daytime so I thought he was a bit tired. Then today, he was just sitting there shaking. He kept falling over.
    I took him straight to the vet, he said he couldn’t do anything, his lungs were full of liquid and he was having heart failure. He couldn’t help him so I agreed to let him go.
    As some may know, I’m getting married tomorrow , so the house is full of relatives. I took Dumpy Home and we dodged the marquee company and found a quiet corner of the garden to bury him.
    Ive never known a hamster so tame, he used to come to me when I called! He’d stick his little nose up and run onto my hand. My son is upset, but I think I am more so as I went to see Dumpy before I went to bed to talk to him. He was always awake and would come to say hello.
    Sleep tight my little grey furry hammy . Xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

I'm sorry for your loss. xx

Quote Originally Posted by CometLucy195 View Post
    Today I lost my little Russian dwarf hamster, Dumpling. I got him for my son from Burrowed Hearts rescue last year and he was the sweetest tamest hamster ever.
    Yesterday I was cleaning him out and he seemed a bit dozy, but it was daytime so I thought he was a bit tired. Then today, he was just sitting there shaking. He kept falling over.
    I took him straight to the vet, he said he couldn’t do anything, his lungs were full of liquid and he was having heart failure. He couldn’t help him so I agreed to let him go.
    As some may know, I’m getting married tomorrow , so the house is full of relatives. I took Dumpy Home and we dodged the marquee company and found a quiet corner of the garden to bury him.
    Ive never known a hamster so tame, he used to come to me when I called! He’d stick his little nose up and run onto my hand. My son is upset, but I think I am more so as I went to see Dumpy before I went to bed to talk to him. He was always awake and would come to say hello.
    Sleep tight my little grey furry hammy . Xxxx

So very sorry

Scurry free darling Dumpling x
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so very sorry Dumpling sounded adorable.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Mama Doe

So very sorry for your loss.

Scurry free Dumpling.

So sorry to hear this. Sounds a lovely character
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

I'm so sorry,I've had many hamsters' over the years,their lives seem brief to us but they live in their time.Scurry free Dumpling x

I’m so sorry scurry free at the bridge Dumpling xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

So sorry. Sleep tight little Dumpling xx

RIP Dumpling xx

A Rabbit Savvy small animal Veterinary Practice in SW London who always give care and compassion to both their animal clients and their human clients too.
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/