• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumpling my lovely hamster

CometLucy195

Alpha Buck
Today I lost my little Russian dwarf hamster, Dumpling. I got him for my son from Burrowed Hearts rescue last year and he was the sweetest tamest hamster ever.
Yesterday I was cleaning him out and he seemed a bit dozy, but it was daytime so I thought he was a bit tired. Then today, he was just sitting there shaking. He kept falling over.
I took him straight to the vet, he said he couldn’t do anything, his lungs were full of liquid and he was having heart failure. He couldn’t help him so I agreed to let him go.
As some may know, I’m getting married tomorrow , so the house is full of relatives. I took Dumpy Home and we dodged the marquee company and found a quiet corner of the garden to bury him.
Ive never known a hamster so tame, he used to come to me when I called! He’d stick his little nose up and run onto my hand. My son is upset, but I think I am more so as I went to see Dumpy before I went to bed to talk to him. He was always awake and would come to say hello.
Sleep tight my little grey furry hammy . Xxxx

Today I lost my little Russian dwarf hamster, Dumpling. I got him for my son from Burrowed Hearts rescue last year and he was the sweetest tamest hamster ever.
Yesterday I was cleaning him out and he seemed a bit dozy, but it was daytime so I thought he was a bit tired. Then today, he was just sitting there shaking. He kept falling over.
I took him straight to the vet, he said he couldn’t do anything, his lungs were full of liquid and he was having heart failure. He couldn’t help him so I agreed to let him go.
As some may know, I’m getting married tomorrow , so the house is full of relatives. I took Dumpy Home and we dodged the marquee company and found a quiet corner of the garden to bury him.
Ive never known a hamster so tame, he used to come to me when I called! He’d stick his little nose up and run onto my hand. My son is upset, but I think I am more so as I went to see Dumpy before I went to bed to talk to him. He was always awake and would come to say hello.

So very sorry :(

Scurry free darling Dumpling x

I'm so sorry,I've had many hamsters' over the years,their lives seem brief to us but they live in their time.Scurry free Dumpling x

I'm so sorry to hear that [emoji17]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Back