Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plumpkin Thread - Spay Tuesday 12th

Wise Old Thumper

[QUOTE=Beapig;7000393]Hi Omi, how would I be able to tell if she's pregnant? She is very heavy, but she's a large rabbit.

Just by doing the maths really, the average gestation period is 31 days, but to be absolutely safe I think it could be up to 35 days. The chances are that if the buck was apart from her when you went, that the owner separated them as soon as she had kindled. In which case Plumpkin won't be pregnant. However, if they were separated the day before you went, then she could be. The owner does sound a bit uninformed, but hopefully she will develop into a better owner now.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

This has made me feel really tearful, you are a lovely person, thanks so much on behalf of this beautiful lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Beapig View Post
    She actually just sent me a text thanking me for telling her how to look after them properly. So I'm really hopeful that their lives will improve as a result. It makes it feel even more worth it if two other rabbits will live a better life now!
    I really hope so, itís not just Plumpkin youíve helped. I didnít sleep well last night, got lots going on, but thinking about the poor, loose buck in that garden was going round and round in my head.

Good on you (and welcome to the crazy gang ) x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

She actually just sent me a text thanking me for telling her how to look after them properly. So I'm really hopeful that their lives will improve as a result. It makes it feel even more worth it if two other rabbits will live a better life now!

Well done you

I hope she follows through on your good advice, and doesn't breed again.
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Nice one. The lady will need to get both bucks done to help stop them fighting.

Warren Veteran

That's a great result! Really you've helped 3 rabbits and any more she may potentially get in the future

Beapig- I just want to say a massive thank you for stepping in and rescuing such a beautiful and delightful rabbit. Words simply don't seem adequate to acknowledge your massive heart and kindness and she is such a beautiful bunny. You can see it clearly in the first photo. I hope that you find room to home her but if you don't, I am sur you will make sure she goes to a home where she is equally loved. Bravo to you Beapig.

Alpha Buck

Im so pleased to read this! I was so hoping you’d collect her, she is SO beautiful. Wish I had the room....
    I will certainly keep an ear open for anyone looking for a rabbit, a proper rabbit person that is!
    You’ve really helped her and the other 2 rabbits, most people really don’t know how to care for a rabbit, they aren’t all bad people, so it’s lovely to hear you’ve helped the woman too.
    You’re a lovely kind person xx

Mama Doe

She is a beautiful bun and she looks really happy in her hotel. You have a very kind heart and I'm sure you will do the very best for her. I hope the lady has taken your good advise on board. I bet pumpkin thinks you are her angel.

How wonderful of you. She is absolutely gorgeous, you better find her a new home quick, she's bound to steal your heart