• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Plumpkin Thread - Spay Tuesday 12th

I hope plumpkin is doing well. I phoned the RSPCA on a neighbour directly behind me about two dogs. They upper and moved house 2 days later so I don't know how things went, plus that's about dogs being left crying outside in all weathers.
Our rspca didn't do anything about 2 buns in a 4FT hutch my neighbour complained about ( in was my neighbours friend too). I would just call so you know you have done all you can. Extra vibes for plumpkin and you.

I have a Plumpkin update everyone...I'm afraid it's not great news. The vet said her teeth were even worse than they had been able to see before. She's had to have two molars removed which were totally rotten and crumbly. Her lower left was so long and sharp that it was cutting into her tongue and has caused a huge ulcer. He said he 'could have spent all day working on them', so we're back for another £100 session in a month's time. Back again in 3 days for a general check up, too.

I think I'll try to call the RSCPA and see what they have to say. I'm not hopeful that they'll take action, but it's worth trying...

Oh poor Plumpkin! That must have been so painful, that ulcer. Hopefully the pain relief and removal of rotten teeth will make her start to feel better soon. Xx

Poor baby girl. I bet she'll start to feel more comfy soon & hopefully this will have a positive effect on her appetite. At least she is through the op safe & sound.

I agree re: calling the RSPCA. It probably won't help realistically but worth it for the chance it might

Poor Plumpkin. I hope she's feeling less discomfort after today's procedure. Thank goodness you took her in or she would have no doubt suffered a painful death. Sending lots of vibes and love and hugs to you xxx

I'm wiping a small tear from my eye because I feel so upset and angry hat such a sweet young rabbit has been suffering so in necessarily. The poor thing must have been in agony. BUT Beapig, you are a total heroine in all this and rescued plumpkin in the nick of time. Words cannot say how much you deserve a hug and people like you make me feel that there is more good than bad in the world. The positive from today despite the teeth removal, is that surgical intervention can now help the recovery and whilst drastic, is necessary to allow her to begin the long healing process. She should feel so much more comfortable once this settles down and I hope she responds well to the meds. I do hope the rspca follow through because it is their duty to. Anything less is failing you and more importantly failing plumpkin and the rabbit world. Loads of get will vibes for plumpkin- sweet dear little thing.

How distressing :( Sending Plumpkin loads of vibes and I hope she recovers well from her op.

I have a Plumpkin update everyone...I'm afraid it's not great news. The vet said her teeth were even worse than they had been able to see before. She's had to have two molars removed which were totally rotten and crumbly. Her lower left was so long and sharp that it was cutting into her tongue and has caused a huge ulcer. He said he 'could have spent all day working on them', so we're back for another £100 session in a month's time. Back again in 3 days for a general check up, too.

I think I'll try to call the RSCPA and see what they have to say. I'm not hopeful that they'll take action, but it's worth trying...

You have such a big heart :love:

Loads of hugs for you and vibes for Plumpkin. Just think of the pain and distress if you hadn't taken her on x

The poor baby girl. I've been following her story and been waiting for the update following op.

Everytime I have called the RSPCA they have made a visit within 4 days and called me with an update.
Just make sure you highlight the lack of accommodation for the buck and let them know what has been found wrong with Plumpkin following her neglect.

I'm so glad she's found you xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your vibes, advice and general support. It has really helped me to get through this worrying period. I thought you might like an update on Plumpkin: she's home now and staying in overnight so we can keep an eye on her. She's on metacam twice a day from tomorrow and will be back to the vet for a check up on the 20th. They gave me her extracted teeth in a pot to look at, not pretty :(

She's eaten a small amount of greens since getting back, so at least she isn't completely off her food. Here's a picture of her looking quite relaxed: she flopped on the carpet at one point, seems to really like it, which has inspired an idea for my futue bunny shed project! :)

20180417_181501 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Awww...she looks very relaxed and happy considering what she's been through. Bless her. :love:
I'm so very glad that she, and also the other bunnies, have you fighting their corner. :) xxxxx

Oh- she looks incredible. She really has deep spirit and true character given what she has been through and eating some food is just so encouraging. I know it's wrong, but I have developed a very deep soft spot for plumpkin and I am so pleased she has pulled through this first phase. And again, you are a truly wonderful kind and courageous lady for doing this and your reward is clear in that photo. She melts my heart. 😍

Thank you everyone for your vibes, advice and general support. It has really helped me to get through this worrying period. I thought you might like an update on Plumpkin: she's home now and staying in overnight so we can keep an eye on her. She's on metacam twice a day from tomorrow and will be back to the vet for a check up on the 20th. They gave me her extracted teeth in a pot to look at, not pretty :(

She's eaten a small amount of greens since getting back, so at least she isn't completely off her food. Here's a picture of her looking quite relaxed: she flopped on the carpet at one point, seems to really like it, which has inspired an idea for my futue bunny shed project! :)

20180417_181501 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

She's an absolute darling and a real trooper! :love:

Thank you for posting that photo of her. She is a wonderful rabbit :love: I'm so pleased that she's recovering well.

This makes me feel very sad. I worry about other bunnies out there. I'm so glad you gave her a home, she is very lucky!

:-(

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Back