• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Plumpkin Thread - Spay Tuesday 12th

Sending loads more vibes for Plumpkin. I hope her further dental treatment was successful and that she will make a good recov ery.

So sorry for not updating this sooner everyone. As TheThreeB's predicted, I have been crazy busy. As I had to take Plumps to the vet three times last week (and pick her up after her op) I've been trying to catch up on my work and other stuff I've got behind on from such a broken up week.

So regarding Plumpkin:

The vet who operated on her (a different vet this time) said she had a long spur sticking into her tongue on the other side of her mouth this time. That was filed right back. She said the other side of the mouth where two teeth were previously extracted were looking good, and that she's not sure if the spur she had to file has shot up since or if the other vet never filed it in the first place, because the focus seemed to be on the one side of the mouth (which I think was the worst)

Since coming home she has been on metacam and ranitidine (today is her last day on medication). I've already seen vast improvements in her mood and agility. In fact, I came down at 7.00am this morning to find that she had somehow managed to open the latch on her hutch door from the inside and was enjoying some time in her run :lol: (there are two entrances to her hutch and one of them is a bunny business hexagon panel that I attached to the side with a little metal door with a latch. To open the door you have to flip the latch up and slide it across. Plumps is a clever bunny!)

She came running up to me and then proceeded to do laps around the run as if to say 'Look what I can do!'. It's the first time I've seen her running without her legs looking really stiff. She's even attempting to nibble grass now, although I'm not sure how much of it she's actually mananging to eat. I'm giving her those fibre sticks that MM recommended and she loves those.

Plumps wants to say hello to all of the lovely people on RU and thank you billions for the good vibes. It's hard to say if the worst if over just yet, but for today at least, I'm feeling really happy with her progress :)

20180520_073149 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

So sorry for not updating this sooner everyone. As TheThreeB's predicted, I have been crazy busy. As I had to take Plumps to the vet three times last week (and pick her up after her op) I've been trying to catch up on my work and other stuff I've got behind on from such a broken up week.

So regarding Plumpkin:

The vet who operated on her (a different vet this time) said she had a long spur sticking into her tongue on the other side of her mouth this time. That was filed right back. She said the other side of the mouth where two teeth were previously extracted were looking good, and that she's not sure if the spur she had to file has shot up since or if the other vet never filed it in the first place, because the focus seemed to be on the one side of the mouth (which I think was the worst)

Since coming home she has been on metacam and ranitidine (today is her last day on medication). I've already seen vast improvements in her mood and agility. In fact, I came down at 7.00am this morning to find that she had somehow managed to open the latch on her hutch door from the inside and was enjoying some time in her run :lol: (there are two entrances to her hutch and one of them is a bunny business hexagon panel that I attached to the side with a little metal door with a latch. To open the door you have to flip the latch up and slide it across. Plumps is a clever bunny!)

She came running up to me and then proceeded to do laps around the run as if to say 'Look what I can do!'. It's the first time I've seen her running without her legs looking really stiff. She's even attempting to nibble grass now, although I'm not sure how much of it she's actually mananging to eat. I'm giving her those fibre sticks that MM recommended and she loves those.

Plumps wants to say hello to all of the lovely people on RU and thank you billions for the good vibes. It's hard to say if the worst if over just yet, but for today at least, I'm feeling really happy with her progress :)

20180520_073149 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

It is such good news that Plumpkin is now doing a lot better. I really hope that her Dental problems can be successfully managed, you are obviously extremely vigilant about her condition. She has certainly found an A* home now :love:

Oh bless her, she looks good now and lovely to hear she's moving about well and enjoying life. You are such a kind person to care for her with all her problems xx

What a wonderful photo, and a marvellous update Beapig. Plumpkin looks so well in the phot above. Her posture is good and her shape also looks great considerng everything she has beeen through. She looks alert and tuning in to everthing. I too, have been as anxious as the Three B's about an update and have been sending vibes constantly - Plumpkin I must admit, is my favorite bun on here. She clearly is a bun who likes to work things out and that shows she is very keen to explore and more importantly happy to do so. I'm pleased the vet found the spur that seemed to be causing poor Plumpkin further pain and encouraging to hear that the previous surgery is healing well and doesn't appear to need reinvestigating at this point. It is very much a case of small steps with this young bun and what is encouraging is that she is responding and doing so, well. I am a firm believer in animals picking up on emotions that are shown towards them - in this case, Plumpkin is responding in (pardon the pun) - leaps and bounds. She truly deserves the love, care and healing you are giving her and Plumpkin is in my thoughts daily. A truly special bun in a special home. I hope that the weather gives her a chance to fully enjoy the wonderful life outside, but she is definately in the place she deserves with you. :love::love:

So pleased to hear the latest on Plumpkin. I too was a little worried. But she is looking bright and I hope you can have an easier week in order to keep up to date with everything.

I'm so relieved too! Well done beautiful Plumps, she looks so much brighter in her picture too. You have been amazing with her Beapig.

Back