• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We lost Bella bun

Thanks again everyone. Today's going good so far, she's only lunged twice. It hard because there is no neutral space because bleu goes everywhere he wants to. Fleur classes our bedroom has hers but she is better with him in there unless he goes in her house lol..

Oh w&s, I've missed this and missed hearing about you and your mad lot.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Bella passing. :cry: Bella's passing sounds very, very similar to that of my darling bridge Lionhead, Nessarose. Nessa, too, started fitting on the way to the vets - we were on foot and practically ran there. The people let us in earlier, but whilst still alive, she was dead behind the eyes by that time. Binky free, Bella.

I hope Fleur calms in time. I also hope all your other rabbits are doing well, after all you've been through.

Oh w&s, I've missed this and missed hearing about you and your mad lot.

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Bella passing. :cry: Bella's passing sounds very, very similar to that of my darling bridge Lionhead, Nessarose. Nessa, too, started fitting on the way to the vets - we were on foot and practically ran there. The people let us in earlier, but whilst still alive, she was dead behind the eyes by that time. Binky free, Bella.

I hope Fleur calms in time. I also hope all your other rabbits are doing well, after all you've been through.
Thank you TLC i think she's one bun i won't ever get over losing. It was just so quick. I've figured out they are both scared of each other, so when one runs the other thinks they have to defend themself. I am waiting until I've painted my outside set up on Tuesday and Wednesday and once I've finished in going to section a little part of the kitchen off with enough room for me to sit in there with no room for chasing.
I never tried the small space bonding with them, probably because they are so big, but it's worked for me every other time. I will just have to be brave and wear oven gloves to save me from fleur and her big nashers.
I've never had to deal with an aggressive bun before but I think they are both doing fight of flight. I will need tons of vibes when the time comes lol..

Thank you TLC i think she's one bun i won't ever get over losing. It was just so quick. I've figured out they are both scared of each other, so when one runs the other thinks they have to defend themself. I am waiting until I've painted my outside set up on Tuesday and Wednesday and once I've finished in going to section a little part of the kitchen off with enough room for me to sit in there with no room for chasing.
I never tried the small space bonding with them, probably because they are so big, but it's worked for me every other time. I will just have to be brave and wear oven gloves to save me from fleur and her big nashers.
I've never had to deal with an aggressive bun before but I think they are both doing fight of flight. I will need tons of vibes when the time comes lol..

We'll be here for you :)

I bonded a trio last year, and augmented it into a quad a few weeks ago. I never expected it to work!
If I can do it, anyone can :D

We'll be here for you :)

I bonded a trio last year, and augmented it into a quad a few weeks ago. I never expected it to work!
If I can do it, anyone can :D

I really hope so lol... I watched the mischief and tinker videos that you posted for someone else. Her first trio she bonded, velvet and primrose behave exactly like fleur and blue behave so she has boosted me up a bit and have me hope.
Even the hubby watched them and now thinks they could end up bonded. I ordered some ski gloves so they will be here soon.

I really hope so lol... I watched the mischief and tinker videos that you posted for someone else. Her first trio she bonded, velvet and primrose behave exactly like fleur and blue behave so she has boosted me up a bit and have me hope.
Even the hubby watched them and now thinks they could end up bonded. I ordered some ski gloves so they will be here soon.

That reads really funny :lol:

I thought for a moment you were going to go on holiday and leave your hubby to deal with them!

As an alternative to ski gloves, you might try looking at anglers filleting gloves. These are sold as singles and are a knitted mesh, usually Kevlar and are like a fabric chain mail. They are totally cut resistant. Butchers and fishmongers use them to prevent themselves being cut by razor sharp knives and would allow a lot more hand mobility than ski gloves. Do a Google search for filleting glove or chain mail glove. You should be able to pick one up for about a fiver.

The only thing is i will need 2 of them. They are really big buns and I can't hold of stop fleur with one hand lol..
MM I wish I could go on holiday and leave the bonding to hubby but he is scared to death when they try to fight with each other lol..

Back