• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We lost Bella bun

I have not been able to come on since before. Xmas because I've been too heart broken.
She started with a bit of stasis, just poos got small so I took her the vets. The vet examined her and said she looked OK in herself but maybe a little dehydrated. She gave her sub q fluids, emeprid, zantac and metacam. She gave her injections of them all because I didn't want to have to stress her once we got home. It cost a fortune for the amount of meds she needed for her size to bring home too.
I stayed up through the night and she drank ate poor and wee. Then 7.30 she did this funny thing and fell on her side and when she tried to get up one side wouldn't hold her. I phoned a taxi for the vets and didn't even wait to ring the vet.
She started fitting in the taxi. I got out and run in the vets shouting. They got her and rushed her in but I already knew she had died.
The vet came out and was in as much shock as me. She said she thought she wouldn't even have needed the meds I took home.
She asked me could she do a post mortem and I said I didn't have £200 to spare but she said she would do it for free to see if she had missed anything.
Her digestive system was great, she even had fecal pellets ready to come out. Heart lungs fine as well. When she examined her brain she said she had an Intracranial hemorrhage. We all was devastated.
We waited until January then adopted a 7 Mth unspayed conti called fleur who is a little demon but we love her.
Bleu on the other hand doesn't like her since she bit straight through his ear.
We have made progress but they are still not bonded. She comes downstairs to him and they will eat together, bleu will groom her but then she humps him and he goes for her.
Whenever bleu runs over to her fast, she gets scared and tries to attack.
At least they can be in the same room now and I'm not giving up.
I've never had a bun who's this violent. She bit me by mistake when I was stopping her getting bleu. She bit my hand nearly to the bone.
Anyway I've really missed it here and I hope everyone's well.

I am so sorry you lost Bella. I really feel for you. It's so nice to see you back though and hopefully your new bunny will calm down and start getting along with Bleu. xx

I have not been able to come on since before. Xmas because I've been too heart broken.
She started with a bit of stasis, just poos got small so I took her the vets. The vet examined her and said she looked OK in herself but maybe a little dehydrated. She gave her sub q fluids, emeprid, zantac and metacam. She gave her injections of them all because I didn't want to have to stress her once we got home. It cost a fortune for the amount of meds she needed for her size to bring home too.
I stayed up through the night and she drank ate poor and wee. Then 7.30 she did this funny thing and fell on her side and when she tried to get up one side wouldn't hold her. I phoned a taxi for the vets and didn't even wait to ring the vet.
She started fitting in the taxi. I got out and run in the vets shouting. They got her and rushed her in but I already knew she had died.
The vet came out and was in as much shock as me. She said she thought she wouldn't even have needed the meds I took home.
She asked me could she do a post mortem and I said I didn't have £200 to spare but she said she would do it for free to see if she had missed anything.
Her digestive system was great, she even had fecal pellets ready to come out. Heart lungs fine as well. When she examined her brain she said she had an Intracranial hemorrhage. We all was devastated.
We waited until January then adopted a 7 Mth unspayed conti called fleur who is a little demon but we love her.
Bleu on the other hand doesn't like her since she bit straight through his ear.
We have made progress but they are still not bonded. She comes downstairs to him and they will eat together, bleu will groom her but then she humps him and he goes for her.
Whenever bleu runs over to her fast, she gets scared and tries to attack.
At least they can be in the same room now and I'm not giving up.
I've never had a bun who's this violent. She bit me by mistake when I was stopping her getting bleu. She bit my hand nearly to the bone.
Anyway I've really missed it here and I hope everyone's well.

I am so very very sorry that you're returning bearing such sad news.

I have thought about you often and asked where you were online ... Thank you for posting, and I hope you will stay with us.

It must have been devastating for you, and I know what it's like to hold a bunny who is fitting .. really distressing for all concerned.

Loads of love and hugs for you and your family xxx

I am so very very sorry that you're returning bearing such sad news.

I have thought about you often and asked where you were online ... Thank you for posting, and I hope you will stay with us.

It must have been devastating for you, and I know what it's like to hold a bunny who is fitting .. really distressing for all concerned.

Loads of love and hugs for you and your family xxx

I've really missed you all. My hearts happy again now but I have had fleur since early January and only just took a photo of her because my camera has loads of photos of Bella and I couldn't bare looking.
We don't really know how old fleur is. When we got her she was quite scrawny but not she's loads bigger that Bella ever was and Bella was just turned 1. She's still growing though so I don't know. She also looked like she had quite a big dew lap which I'm not used too, but that gone a bit since spaying.
I will try to put a photo up. She is an opal conti. Missed you MM

I am so sorry for your loss :(

It's definitely something that neither you or your vet could have ever imagined would have happened.

I hope she's binkying on the other side of the bridge happy.

I really hope the bonding continues to improve xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So sorry you lost beautiful Bella, sounds sadly very very similar what happened to my Oliver :( :( , my vet said it was a stroke which is similar so I know how traumatic this must have been for you as it was for me. Rest in peace Bella. I hope Fleur will settle more in time and becomes calmer for you. X

Hi, I'm so sorry to read your news about Bella :cry: It must have been so distressing for you.

Lots of us here miss you. We still post on your Foraging Diary thread :D

I hope that Fleur calms down and that she and Bleu can be friends.

Im sorry to read your sad news about Bella, Ive had a bunny die suddenly after fitting and it’s awful, really shocking.
I hope that Fleur and Bleu make friends soon and you have some peace again xx

Thankyou everyone. I'm not giving up on fleur and bleu. She is the cleanest bun I've ever had. She never does any poo or any wee anywhere. She jumps on my chest in a morning to wake me up (actually winded me) and if she gets her own way she's adorable lol.. We taught her the give us a kiss for a treat.
Even the vet is pleased with how she's changed. The vet had to give her the anesthetic in the cage for her spay because she was like a feral bun.
Bleu is as soft and adorable as he always has been. We can be patient lol..

I’m sorry you lost your Bella and in such a shocking way, sleep tight Bella xx

I was thinking about you as well the other day - reading your foraging thread. I hope Fleur and Bleu settle down and give you some comfort. Xx

So sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a bun suddenly it's like you've not had time to prepare. Glad your 2 are sort of working things out. It sounds a lot like our 2 boys. When we got Oreo he was terrified of everything and would lunge if you went anywhere near him and grunt and stamp his feet. Through love treats and strokes he is now the most adorable loveable nosey bunny I have. It just goes to show how lucky your buns are to have you because you've changed their nature by teaching them that they can rely on you. In the end to bond mine we dramatically reduced the space and after a missing chunk of Oreos ear and my leg they worked things out and are now inseparable love bugs. I'm sure yours will get there too! (Hopefully without anymore blood!) X

I’m so sorry you lost Bella :cry: it’s heartbreaking to lose a bunny but especially when it happens suddenly. I hope you will stay on RU, I’ve often wondered how you were :wave: xx

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of Bella. Pip left me in much the same way. There really is no 'getting over it' but hopefully in time it won't hurt so much to see the photos and think of the kinder memories. (((((Hugs))))))

In the meantime it sounds lije Fleur is quite the armful! :D I hope she and Bleu can soon become settled and comfy with one another. It is good to see you posting again. Wishes for happier times ahead coming your way. xxxxxxx

So sorry that you lost your beloved bun, and in such circumstances. Good luck with bonding, Fleur sounds a real character x

Back