• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my First Trio! - Maybe the Last!

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
2 boys and a girl. The first hour was a little hairy but all is quiet now. The smallest rabbit is the most aggressive! Bonding vibes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
2 boys and a girl. The first hour was a little hairy but all is quiet now. The smallest rabbit is the most aggressive! Bonding vibes would be appreciated.

Many bonding vibes tonibun :wave:

I've just bonded a quad. I hope all will be well with you :D

Thank you very much. I have separated them for tonight, the girl is in the hutch and the 2 boys on the shed floor. They have been together for 6 years so they will be ok. Not sure if they want a female but I'm giving it a go. To be continued tomorrow!

Yesterday (Day 2) did not go well at all. The smaller of the 2 boys attacked Blue, my female, and she retaliated and I had to separate them. The day before they seemed ok. At that time Barry and June had popped in so Barry could hold 2 of my difficult rabbits so I could clip their claws, but I am not sure if this had a derogatory effect on them. The small boy was trying to bite underneath Blue and it was as bad as it gets so I called it a day. He was really fierce!

Having had recent experience of something similar, I think you were wise to call it a day. In my view carrying on when rabbits clearly don't like each other is pointless. I hope there was no serious injury.

Yesterday (Day 2) did not go well at all. The smaller of the 2 boys attacked Blue, my female, and she retaliated and I had to separate them. The day before they seemed ok. At that time Barry and June had popped in so Barry could hold 2 of my difficult rabbits so I could clip their claws, but I am not sure if this had a derogatory effect on them. The small boy was trying to bite underneath Blue and it was as bad as it gets so I called it a day. He was really fierce!

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this! :(

Having had recent experience of something similar, I think you were wise to call it a day. In my view carrying on when rabbits clearly don't like each other is pointless. I hope there was no serious injury.

No injury - the small male was limping yesterday but not today and Blue has been out running around and she seems fine.a

Sorry it hasn’t worked out, it really is a toss of the coin with these rabbits, isn’t it? :(

Mostly they will bond but not always and of course the 2 boys have been together for 6+ years, not with me, so this may have something to do with it.

Back