• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my trio

CometLucy195

Alpha Buck
Hi all, Ive sent my pair, Dave and Lucy, along with my new bun Pepper, to a bunny bonder recommended by Honeybunnys where Pepper came from. I dropped them off Monday and she’s going to keep them for a few weeks until they’re bonded. It’s so strange only having the other trio to look after! But, as you may know from my other thread, I’m getting married on Sat so just didn’t have the time or energy for the bond myself. She says there’s lots of sniffing going on but so far no aggression between the bars. Im waiting for an update today.
Meanwhile, in between getting ready for Saturday, Ive cleaned out both their spaces and am swapping the hutches so that the new , hopefully bonded, trio go back into what was Peppers hutch as it’s bigger. Then it needs a hole cut in the back to go onto the catflap into the aviary run. I also need a new longer runaround tunnel so that eventually both trios have their own tunnel for their run on the grass time ( I can’t leave them out too long as they all dig but they all get a few hours when I’m around to watch them). They all have slabbed runs permanently attached but this is their extra runs.
I’ll try to keep you updated when I hear back from her, she’s on Facebook as Bunnilicious Rabbit care if you want to see her site. So far no pics of Dave and Lucy and Pepper though.

Hi all, Ive sent my pair, Dave and Lucy, along with my new bun Pepper, to a bunny bonder recommended by Honeybunnys where Pepper came from. I dropped them off Monday and she’s going to keep them for a few weeks until they’re bonded. It’s so strange only having the other trio to look after! But, as you may know from my other thread, I’m getting married on Sat so just didn’t have the time or energy for the bond myself. She says there’s lots of sniffing going on but so far no aggression between the bars. Im waiting for an update today.
Meanwhile, in between getting ready for Saturday, Ive cleaned out both their spaces and am swapping the hutches so that the new , hopefully bonded, trio go back into what was Peppers hutch as it’s bigger. Then it needs a hole cut in the back to go onto the catflap into the aviary run. I also need a new longer runaround tunnel so that eventually both trios have their own tunnel for their run on the grass time ( I can’t leave them out too long as they all dig but they all get a few hours when I’m around to watch them). They all have slabbed runs permanently attached but this is their extra runs.
I’ll try to keep you updated when I hear back from her, she’s on Facebook as Bunnilicious Rabbit care if you want to see her site. So far no pics of Dave and Lucy and Pepper though.

Good luck for the bonding :wave:

A few weeks will be a long time, but I guess you'll be having a honeymoon after the wedding?

Hi MM, yes we’ll be away for a week so it suits me them being away and watched to make sure they don’t fight! Xx

I hope you have a great time :D

I've just bonded a quad and now they are investigating as much of the whole house as they can :lol:

Hi all, positive news so far, the Bonder has reported all is well with the new trio and she’s increasing their space. Wish I could post photos! They look so cute!!
Well done MM for bonding your quad! That’s great to hear! X
Im just at the airport returning home from honeymoon, Naples is a lovely vibrant City. Not for the faint hearted though! So looking forward to seeing my children and pets!

Hi, update! My trio are bonded and now Home. I’ll post some pics when I get on a pc. Dave and Lucy are as close as ever and they seem to have let Pepper into their gang. Ive put them in their hutch which backs onto the aviary but have given them restricted space in there so far. Today I extended the space a bit but put it back to restricted for tonight. Ive made a double barrier between them and the other trio, the ‘naughties’. Piper has been chasing Jet a bit today, they can smell the returnees but I distracted them with opening the runaround tunnel and all seems fine.
So now I have 2 trios! Yay!!

Hi, update! My trio are bonded and now Home. I’ll post some pics when I get on a pc. Dave and Lucy are as close as ever and they seem to have let Pepper into their gang. Ive put them in their hutch which backs onto the aviary but have given them restricted space in there so far. Today I extended the space a bit but put it back to restricted for tonight. Ive made a double barrier between them and the other trio, the ‘naughties’. Piper has been chasing Jet a bit today, they can smell the returnees but I distracted them with opening the runaround tunnel and all seems fine.
So now I have 2 trios! Yay!!

Absolutely wonderful news :D

That's great news, well done! :) I'm so tempted to try a Trio as well with my two.. but i'm so worried in case it wouldn't work..

Back