Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My brave, brave Alfie

Warren Veteran

Default My brave, brave Alfie

My brave little Alfie died peacefully this evening.

I could write for hours on him; his quirks, the way he would nip at your ankles to hurry up his dinner, or fall asleep when you stroked his forehead, or even the little bunny on his face. But I'll keep it short, for everyone's sake...

Every day with him was a privilege. He was such a character and could turn the unhappiest of moods around. All it would take was him scampering up to the front of his little house under the stairs and you'd be smiling. I had never anticipated he would still be alive six-and-a-half years after contracting E.Cuniculi at 5 weeks old. That was, I guess, the start of his problems - and boy, did he have problems! I have lost count of the amount of times I thought I'd lose him. I always thought I'd deliberate and question whether making that decision was right, but, as it happened, he made it for me. After ten days of luxury holidaying at the vets which had become his second home, his little body gave up all of a sudden. I showered him with love and kisses, told him how brave he was and how much I loved him. He then slipped away in the arms of his favourite veterinary nurse, six years and seven months after he came into this world.

He has seen me through some very tough times over the last six years, and was more than 'just' a rabbit. He was my little confidante, my chum, my buddy. His death has left a huge hole in my heart, and I miss him so much already.
    Last edited by JemimaH; 04-04-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Slave to Alfie, the bunny version of Harry Potter, who lives under my stairs.

Wise Old Thumper

I am so very sorry Sending lots of hugs to you.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Sorry to hear about Alfie, I wrote down everything I could about Batman when he passed such as how soft his fur was and when I really miss him and I read it it makes me remember all the little things you tend to forget over time and it feels like I'm back there stroking him right next to me. I definitely suggest it. Rip Alfie, your mummy loves you x

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaH View Post
    My brave little Alfie died peacefully this evening.

I could write for hours on him; his quirks, the way he would nip at your ankles to hurry up his dinner, or fall asleep when you stroked his forehead, or even the little bunny on his face. But I'll keep it short, for everyone's sake...

Every day with him was a privilege. He was such a character and could turn the unhappiest of moods around. All it would take was him scampering up to the front of his little house under the stairs and you'd be smiling. I had never anticipated he would still be alive six-and-a-half years after contracting E.Cuniculi at 5 weeks old. That was, I guess, the start of his problems - and boy, did he have problems! I have lost count of the amount of times I thought I'd lose him. I always thought I'd deliberate and question whether making that decision was right, but, as it happened, he made it for me. After ten days of luxury holidaying at the vets which had become his second home, his little body gave up all of a sudden. I showered him with love and kisses, told him how brave he was and how much I loved him. He then slipped away in the arms of his favourite veterinary nurse, six years and seven months after he came into this world.

He has seen me through some very tough times over the last six years, and was more than 'just' a rabbit. He was my little confidante, my chum, my buddy. His death has left a huge hole in my heart, and I miss him so much already.

I am so very sorry to hear this

Run free Alfie, and hugs for you xx
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

Binky free brave Alfie xxx I'm so sorry Jemimah xx

So sorry to see this. Hope you are OK x
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. I will always remember Alfie and his sweet little "bunny". R.I.P. brave little Alfie xxxxx
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wise Old Thumper

I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Alfie. xx

I’m so sorry, he was obviously loved very much. Hugs to you and sleep tight little Alfie. Xx

I’m so very sorry binky free Alfie xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES