Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shed housing questions

I just used double-sided tape, but it's on a small level surface:

Couldn't find a picture without a bunny on it
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    I just used double-sided tape, but it's on a small level surface:

Couldn't find a picture without a bunny on it

Well itís good to actually see it in use with a bunny on it!

My carpenter is coming on Thursday and Friday this week. I was going to fit the lino on the ground floor before he gets here but the weather has scuppered that. I donít want muddy footprints all over it if the weather, as is likely, is bad while heís doing the work anyway. Iím going to have to remove the ramp to fit the lino and refit afterwards.

Iím very excited about it though! My new MPH shed are getting nearer to delivery as well

I’ve used wooden batons to hold down the lino. I’ve made the lino very slightly too big so that it goes just a cm or so up the edge of the shed then screwed the wood on. I had a couple of carpet tiles in there and used double sided sticky tape to secure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    I’ve used wooden batons to hold down the lino. I’ve made the lino very slightly too big so that it goes just a cm or so up the edge of the shed then screwed the wood on. I had a couple of carpet tiles in there and used double sided sticky tape to secure it.
    This is pretty much what I have planned re the lino. I don’t have a shelf and ramp to carpet now (my carpenter let me down ) so I’m just using vet bed in the beds and on top of my MPH fort and ramp. Wondering if the double sided carpet tape I have would stick that down - has anyone done that with vetbed?

My lovely son and dad stepped in this afternoon, they’ve built me a wood and mesh inner panel to step over (to stop bunnies running out when I open the door) and will finish the inner door tomorrow

I used car upholstery spray glue to secure the carpet tiles down.

This is how I've water proofed the wooden floor section on a level.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    I used car upholstery spray glue to secure the carpet tiles down.

This is how I've water proofed the wooden floor section on a level.

Have you got that lino curved up at the edges? Under the baton? I can’t tell from the picture and a lot of people have mentioned doing this - I was just going to keep it flat but I am wondering if I should try and angle it up to protect the shed floor underneath?

Doing the lino in the morning. Then I get to do the fun stuff - setting up all the fun tunnels, hides, litter box/hay racks, plus bunting and battery lights. Looking forward to that bit!

Quote Originally Posted by orangediva View Post
    Have you got that lino curved up at the edges? Under the baton? I canít tell from the picture and a lot of people have mentioned doing this - I was just going to keep it flat but I am wondering if I should try and angle it up to protect the shed floor underneath?

Doing the lino in the morning. Then I get to do the fun stuff - setting up all the fun tunnels, hides, litter box/hay racks, plus bunting and battery lights. Looking forward to that bit!
    No angle as this isn't lino - this is a click floor. If you can angle the lino up the wall a bit it might be worth it

Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    No angle as this isn't lino - this is a click floor. If you can angle the lino up the wall a bit it might be worth it

Thanks - we’ll give it a go I think xx

Mama Doe

When I first did the bun shed I used wooden beading around all the edges and I've done that for the inside buns too. With my buns they were constantly digging and chewing at the beading and eventually got them off. It was only thin beading though not like the one used above.
    I replaced the lino in one of the hutches with self adhesive lino tiles and they havnt bothered with it at all.
    I've currently had to strip back the newest shed i built because of a leak so I will be fitting new carpet and lino. This time in going to your them down and see if they bother with it. If they do i will be using battens.

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    When I first did the bun shed I used wooden beading around all the edges and I've done that for the inside buns too. With my buns they were constantly digging and chewing at the beading and eventually got them off. It was only thin beading though not like the one used above.
    I replaced the lino in one of the hutches with self adhesive lino tiles and they havnt bothered with it at all.
    I've currently had to strip back the newest shed i built because of a leak so I will be fitting new carpet and lino. This time in going to your them down and see if they bother with it. If they do i will be using battens.
    That is my worry - that they’ll constantly be trying to chew them. Ours are quite thick and they are curved so I’m hoping they can’t get any purchase.

It’s going ok so far - very fiddly and taking about 4 times as long as we anticipated - like most jobs!!!!