• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Low calcium water - filter?

Oo just whilst I remember my vet said just like humans bunnies may not like the taste of certain brands of mineral waters. If you choose one they don't like then bunnies will drink less than they normally will which comprises their hydration and could be bad for stasis prone bunnies like my Toby.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bottled water's only separate legal classification is Mineral Water. Everything else is 'just' bottled water. The term 'Spring Water' has no technical meaning and could be / often is bottled tap water. Mineral Water has to meet some very stringent requirements (ie bottled at source, no treatment, proven chemical and microbiological stability over a long time). The rest is down to personal choice.
Yikes really? So I'm just drinking tap water possibly? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Bottled water's only separate legal classification is Mineral Water. Everything else is 'just' bottled water. The term 'Spring Water' has no technical meaning and could be / often is bottled tap water. Mineral Water has to meet some very stringent requirements (ie bottled at source, no treatment, proven chemical and microbiological stability over a long time). The rest is down to personal choice.

http://www.britishbottledwater.org/bottled-water-the-differences.asp

Yes, I'm really concerned by that. :( Speculation seems to be that it's coming from opening the lid.

Yes, water in glass bottles is incredibly expensive. I have found this very low calcium one. Check out the price for the quantity you get! https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...20000&param=water&parentContainer=SEARCHwater

If I win the lottery, I'm switching the piglets to that.
Ah I've had voss, didn't love the taste that much honestly - prefer Fiji water taste

The voss lid is plastic though so wouldn't that still be an issue? xx

Ah I've had voss, didn't love the taste that much honestly - prefer Fiji water taste

The voss lid is plastic though so wouldn't that still be an issue? xx

Oh is it? I assumed it would be a better lid than that. My lottery winning plans have been scuppered! :lol:

Oh my - thank you for all your responses! I never thought that a thread on bottled water would reach the end of 1 page let alone 6! ��

Oh is it? I assumed it would be a better lid than that. My lottery winning plans have been scuppered! [emoji38]
Yeaaa hope pictures are clear it's definitely plastic tho haha x
3ee6e345fc2f1186bf500fe639f6ee84.jpg
769f294edb394ca6b3057f2ffa03bac9.jpg

Well, what a con! I wonder if they will change the lid given this controversy over microplastics in water. Not that I need to worry until I win the lottery anyway! :lol:

Back