• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little booger!! - Help!

capable

Mama Doe
I went to feed Henry this morning, and couldn't find the Tupperware of pellets that normally sits outside the spare room door... Turns out I'd accidentally left the box in the room with him last night, and he'd managed to get the lid off and totally stuff his furry face :shock:

I should've known something was afoot, since he didn't wake me an hour earlier than I get up by scrabbling at the door for his breakfast! He's incredibly pleased with himself - was zooming and binkying and flicking his feet at me, but I'm worried that scoffing that amount of pellets won't have done him much good! Especially worried, since all the vets are closed for 2 days now! I'll be keeping a close eye on him, but do you think there could be reason to be worried? :?

I wouldn't be too worried. He may produce more cecals than usual, but that is probably the only side effect. Make sure he has plenty of hay today, access to water, and don't panic. The pellets are designed for bunnies, after all, and some eat nothing but pellets. Unless he shows symptoms of being unwell, I wouldn't be going to the vet - but you can always phone the out of hours vet for advice.

Thanks for the reassurance, it’s appreciated. I’m kicking myself for leaving the box in there, but I’m also astounded and quite impressed that he got the lid off! I’ll pop down another water bowl for him, and will keep monitoring him through the day.

Of course Henry was absolutely grand, though unimpressed that he didn't get pellets at dinner! :roll: Cheeky rascal :lol:

Back