• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When I Look at Elsa..................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............ and then I think of all the thousands of Rabbits who are still enduring similarly atrocious conditions that she, Omi's Tui and all the other recent ARC Rescue Rabbits came from I actually cry. To think that at this very second thousands of Rabbits are incarcerated in filthy tiny crates with little if any food and no shelter from the elements. No-one to care if they live or die :cry:

No idea why I am posting this......................

I know exactly how you feel, I regularly have the same thoughts :(

Me too :( And still they remain so trusting of humans :shock:

I suspect that Tui doesn't remember much of where she was prior to ARC, but she appears far more trusting of me already than Tethra, who has never known bad conditions (born in rescue). Her urine stained fur on her feet and tummy provide the evidence though :(

It is heartbreaking. Meat species are just given a different status.. a commodity.. a product.. a meal.. not a sentient living being. Seeing how tame and gentle the arc meat rabbits are brings it home.

Did you know Bunny Mad Lisa has adopted one too? (See Bunny Mad Magazine on FB)

............ and then I think of all the thousands of Rabbits who are still enduring similarly atrocious conditions that she, Omi's Tui and all the other recent ARC Rescue Rabbits came from I actually cry. To think that at this very second thousands of Rabbits are incarcerated in filthy tiny crates with little if any food and no shelter from the elements. No-one to care if they live or die :cry:

No idea why I am posting this......................

There was a lovely, albeit sad, poem on Rabbits UK yesterday. It made me cry. I wished I knew how to transfer it to RU.

Posting on RU is a way of communicating your feelings and you know people here will understand. I have to stop myself from thinking too much about it, as a vegetarian I would never want any animal to be killed for meat, but I’m not anti meat, as long as the animals are well treated. We do what we can, but by bit, people are becoming more aware of rabbit care. Try to hang on to the positive, all the rabbits we have have been saved from such a life.

Me too :( And still they remain so trusting of humans :shock:

I suspect that Tui doesn't remember much of where she was prior to ARC, but she appears far more trusting of me already than Tethra, who has never known bad conditions (born in rescue). Her urine stained fur on her feet and tummy provide the evidence though :(

They really are incredibly human orientated aren't they :love: Elsa just loves affection and it's not only when I have food to give her. If I go into her enclosure she will always come hopping over to me for a nose rub. She'll do so even if she is eating or asleep :love:

Oh bless her. It always amazes me when animals have been mistreated how they still have trust in humans. Give her a nose rub from me. :love:

They really are incredibly human orientated aren't they :love: Elsa just loves affection and it's not only when I have food to give her. If I go into her enclosure she will always come hopping over to me for a nose rub. She'll do so even if she is eating or asleep :love:

Tui has already learnt that the click of the house back door means that one of us will appear and she will come from wherever she is in the run or the shed to the corner of the run nearest to the door and put her paws up on the wire. She tolerates stroking without food for a short while. If she has food, then food becomes more important and she will stay where she is :lol: She also runs beside us if we walk along the outside of the run.

She is certainly similar to Elsa in that she eats and eats and eats :lol: She has refused nothing and doesn't do the usual rabbit thing of sniffing new food before eating it. I was watching her this morning and Parsley was being picked up and shovelled in several stems at once :lol: I am gradually changing her over from Excel to Science Selective by mixing them in the same bowl that she shares with Tethra. There is no indication from her that she finds any difference between the two. She recognises that they are both FOOD!!!

She is a truly incredible rabbit :love:

Tui has already learnt that the click of the house back door means that one of us will appear and she will come from wherever she is in the run or the shed to the corner of the run nearest to the door and put her paws up on the wire. She tolerates stroking without food for a short while. If she has food, then food becomes more important and she will stay where she is :lol: She also runs beside us if we walk along the outside of the run.

She is certainly similar to Elsa in that she eats and eats and eats :lol: She has refused nothing and doesn't do the usual rabbit thing of sniffing new food before eating it. I was watching her this morning and Parsley was being picked up and shovelled in several stems at once :lol: I am gradually changing her over from Excel to Science Selective by mixing them in the same bowl that she shares with Tethra. There is no indication from her that she finds any difference between the two. She recognises that they are both FOOD!!!

She is a truly incredible rabbit :love:

I am yet to find anything that Elsa will not eat !! She is like a hoover :lol:

Back