• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any used a company called Tuin for their sheds?

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
Tuin.co.uk
They look rather good. They are a Dutch/German company with a uk branch. Loads and loads of choice. Not cheap but looks like their products would last. Just found them on the nternet

I haven't but highly recommend Ryedale pet homes, you may have to wait a couple of weeks especially if he's delivering it for you as he tends to do a round trip with a few different orders but you can order straight from their website or make your hutch a bit more bespoke like I did (added shutters, moved the stairs & changed dims etc etc). The wood is so thick and sturdy. I've had mine 3 years now and only re-stain it every now and then to keep it tip top. Mine was a good price, would only say the chap is (was) fairly old school tech wise so don't expect constant updates. I just paid on PayPal, left him to it and messaged him a couple of weeks later for ETA, got it a few days later and never been happier, will definitely use him again when I want to

I haven't but highly recommend Ryedale pet homes, you may have to wait a couple of weeks especially if he's delivering it for you as he tends to do a round trip with a few different orders but you can order straight from their website or make your hutch a bit more bespoke like I did (added shutters, moved the stairs & changed dims etc etc). The wood is so thick and sturdy. I've had mine 3 years now and only re-stain it every now and then to keep it tip top. Mine was a good price, would only say the chap is (was) fairly old school tech wise so don't expect constant updates. I just paid on PayPal, left him to it and messaged him a couple of weeks later for ETA, got it a few days later and never been happier, will definitely use him again when I want to

Thanks Leanne - we had one of these a few years ago and it was certainly extremely solid. I am hoping for a shed and run structure though as I don't fancy cleaning rabbit cages in mid- winter outside. Sheds cosier for both me and the buns!

They do do a shed and run structure (under extra large rabbit houses) it may be worth a look at? You could always tailor it to your needs. Or ask Tuin if they have any testimonies?

Also Boyles pet housing do amazing shed/run combos. I have ordered an aviary from them (for my outdoor rabbits) and a summerhouse, for the humans and possibley for the guinea pigs outdoor time!

Thanks Tulsi - there are some great products for rabbits out there now. I am not so keen on Boyle's because of their long and uncertain lead in time and I have heard they can be a bit tricky to deal with. Duchy are they other one of interest as I know their stuff is very good but rather ugly I think. I am planning on using runaroundruns for the runs but am looking for good quality, attractive sheds to attach them to really.

Boyles lead times are quite long (end of May for the aviary, ordered in March) but have always found Daniel to be extremely helpful and friendly.

Run around stuff is meant to be great. Sounds like you will have a great set up one way or the other.

Have you looked at playhouses bunny lover? They are usually built pretty well and will probably be half the price?

What about Manor Pet Housing? I have two bunny bothies in order, not got them yet but I’ve dealt with MPH before, their products are fantastic quality and mine were ready exactly when they said they said they would be. 16 week wait for sheds though, if you aren’t in a massive rush I totally recommend them:

https://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/bunny-bothy

Their sheds look really attractive and I'm tempted but they come in untreated wood and flat pack with a long wait compared to Duchy who treat the wood, put the shed up for you and supply it within a week or two all for around the same price. Duchy will adapt their stuff for rabbits I 'm told as well. I love some of Manor's indoor things and will definitely be ordering that from them.
I wish there was one system which does it all! Btw for the runs I am using runabout runs not runaround! Not keen on runaround as their tunnels are difficult to clean and need to be pulled apart to extract a sick bunny - I speak from experience!
Whatever I pick we are going to be living with it for the next 15 years which is why I'm dithering as it is too much mone to get it wrong.

Back