• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies with runny tummy post-boarding ...should I worry?

Thanks Graciee, thanks MM, thanks Jane!

Yes, all 4 were unwell, and now only one is really bad (plus one intermittent) -- the vets have suggested a stool sample (a pooled sample, collected over a few days, otherwise it's £104 per bunny) which would test for all the nasties all three of you mention: Coccidia etc in the parasitology, and bacteria (e.g. salmonella etc) in the microbial tests.

I agree, it would be too odd for all 4 to get 'megacolon', so I also would assume they've picked something up and are dealing with it with their different digestive systems (the mini-lops have always been more sensitive to diet changes I have found).

Thank you all for the links too -- some helpful reading there. And double thanks for the note on plum brnches/leaves, Jane (I had no idea and have been feeding the odd sprig for years :shock:)!

I will keep you all updated! Thanks again, x x

Thanks Graciee, thanks MM, thanks Jane!

Yes, all 4 were unwell, and now only one is really bad (plus one intermittent) -- the vets have suggested a stool sample (a pooled sample, collected over a few days, otherwise it's £104 per bunny) which would test for all the nasties all three of you mention: Coccidia etc in the parasitology, and bacteria (e.g. salmonella etc) in the microbial tests.

I agree, it would be too odd for all 4 to get 'megacolon', so I also would assume they've picked something up and are dealing with it with their different digestive systems (the mini-lops have always been more sensitive to diet changes I have found).

Thank you all for the links too -- some helpful reading there. And double thanks for the note on plum brnches/leaves, Jane (I had no idea and have been feeding the odd sprig for years :shock:)!

I will keep you all updated! Thanks again, x x

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/art...t-rabbits/view

Frances Harcourt Brown states that plum tree leaves and twigs are recommended as part of an adult rabbit's diet. :)

Back