Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bunnies with runny tummy post-boarding ...should I worry?

Thanks Graciee, thanks MM, thanks Jane!

Yes, all 4 were unwell, and now only one is really bad (plus one intermittent) -- the vets have suggested a stool sample (a pooled sample, collected over a few days, otherwise it's 104 per bunny) which would test for all the nasties all three of you mention: Coccidia etc in the parasitology, and bacteria (e.g. salmonella etc) in the microbial tests.

I agree, it would be too odd for all 4 to get 'megacolon', so I also would assume they've picked something up and are dealing with it with their different digestive systems (the mini-lops have always been more sensitive to diet changes I have found).

Thank you all for the links too -- some helpful reading there. And double thanks for the note on plum brnches/leaves, Jane (I had no idea and have been feeding the odd sprig for years )!

I will keep you all updated! Thanks again, x x

Quote Originally Posted by Squishies View Post
    Thanks Graciee, thanks MM, thanks Jane!

Yes, all 4 were unwell, and now only one is really bad (plus one intermittent) -- the vets have suggested a stool sample (a pooled sample, collected over a few days, otherwise it's 104 per bunny) which would test for all the nasties all three of you mention: Coccidia etc in the parasitology, and bacteria (e.g. salmonella etc) in the microbial tests.

I agree, it would be too odd for all 4 to get 'megacolon', so I also would assume they've picked something up and are dealing with it with their different digestive systems (the mini-lops have always been more sensitive to diet changes I have found).

Thank you all for the links too -- some helpful reading there. And double thanks for the note on plum brnches/leaves, Jane (I had no idea and have been feeding the odd sprig for years )!

I will keep you all updated! Thanks again, x x

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/art...t-rabbits/view

Frances Harcourt Brown states that plum tree leaves and twigs are recommended as part of an adult rabbit's diet.