• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best hay ‘dispenser’ for house rabbits?

So glad the storage box idea is working Rosaleen. I also find grow bag trays are good for artheritic rabbits and guinea pigs as they are nice and shallow.

Glad things are easier on the cleaning front too.

Thanks for your responses. Re hay racks I also tried an unusual one: think of a hanging basket but a half one, so it’s like a half �� moon. It worked quite well but I’d bought one that wouldn’t hold a full day’s supply of hay.
However now I’ve got storage boxes I’m much happier to use them .I’ve started putting more hay on top of existing hay in the box when it gets damp. I put fresh hay on the bricks and around the inside the box (these act as steps for Harriet)
They don’t seem to use a particular, or set area, in the box for pee etc but with the added hay I now change it with the clean box every other day.

Still problems posting, had to log in again and lost last half of post not auto saved.................
Re hay racks I had one, like a hanging basket but a half one like half �� moon. Meant to go against a wall. Mine was too small.

Maybe they’ll come in bigger sizes?
Plus the ones I have tried never seem to be able to provide 100% access to the hay unlike the storage boxes

Back