• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help bunny behaviour bonded pair - falling out

kelly1987

New Kit
Hi everyone! I was hoping you could help me! The story is quite long so I will try and keep it brief :-

Adopted cliff and Miranda, a bonded pair and the rescue bonded them with Noel who recently lost his partner.
All was fine for 3 months then Miranda and Noel fell out a fight occurred with an injury and we decided to seperate
We kept cliff and Miranda and created a new set up area with a run and shed
We got Noel a new friend Mindy
About a month ago Noel and Mindy started chasing and had a little fight which seem to set off cliff and Miranda on a chase
We establish they could see eachother from the set ups so blocked of the view
This helped Mindy and Noel and they are perfectly fine
A week later cliff and Miranda out of no where had a fight where I got injured seperating them
I tried to put them back again but another fight
We decided to re bond in the house and then slowly put them in the shed then gave them access to shed and run
Things were improving and we went away this weekend so had to take them to boarding for a few days
We brought them home yday and I feel we have taken a few steps back
Cliff is acting up again ... he chases Miranda - seems a bit aggressive (this is what he was like before we started rebonding and things were improving and things seemed calmer and more settled )
I feel we have taken a huge step back

Has this happened to anyone else? I keep hating spring time causes his behaviour - he’s eating pooing seems fine but he seems to be the instigator ... I’m also feeling I have no relationship with the bunnies I clean them and get out of their as I’m scared I’ll set them
Off - i don’t see them as much as I’m just worried constantly !

Help 🐰🐰🐰🐰

It sounds like referred aggression is playing a big part of the fights, when they see or smell the other rabbits and can’t get to them they can turn on each other. Do you have room to put one pair somewhere else so this is reduced? Either another set up in the garden or a room in the house?

Sometimes they will smell the other bunnies on you and that can also cause referred aggression.

It sounds like referred aggression is playing a big part of the fights, when they see or smell the other rabbits and can’t get to them they can turn on each other. Do you have room to put one pair somewhere else so this is reduced? Either another set up in the garden or a room in the house?

Sometimes they will smell the other bunnies on you and that can also cause referred aggression.

Ahhhh I have never heard of this. This is what it was first time when Noel and Mindy had a fight and it set off the other pair , but once we blocked of the view all seemed fine and really stopped the problem.

Cliff and Mirandas fight was 2 weeks later and so random and out the blue just happened!

Cliff just seems a bit angry and like just down I dunno - he’s eating etc

Back