• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding Alternatives

hartleyhare

Warren Scout
Hartely has always been a chewer, but in later life he's got worse and his new wife copies him. I use fleece blankets in the bottom of the dog crate, the dog basket has a self heat pad covered with fleece blanket and there are short weave rugs on the floor as it's tiled. The sofa has fabric cushions. I am getting concerned about the amount of fibres they are both eating. The sofa is wrecked and the fleece blankets - sofa is second hand bought with pets in mind, so don't mind it getting wrecked. Hartley is almost 10 and he needs his comfort. Is there any alternatives to rugs and blankets that are less of a health hazard? They have hay boxes but both like to lounge around on the rugs and in the basket. I tried vet bed, that gets chewed up just as quickly.

I know this is an old post but if your still active have you tried the foam connection mats made for children?

Back