• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming and snuggling in first half hour of bonding

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I don’t want to get my hopes up :lol: but it’s a good sign right? Even if the grooming is one sided? They are both being pretty cuddly with each other

I can read my girl very well and she is happy with this situation. But I obviously don’t know the boy very well, although he seems quite chill. And he is blind, this is my first blind bunny. I’ve read up on how to care for a blind bunny, but I’m new to like hands on experience. But I feel like he is happy so far

I’ve had all super easy bonds, so my bonding experience is not realistic enough for me to go on :lol:

It sounds really positive, I don’t have a ton of experience but both my pairs were doing this pretty much straightaway as well and both pairs have wonderful bonds and seem inseparable over a year down the line. Congrats at such a fantastic start 8)

I can’t figure out how to put photos on here :oops: :lol:

My girl is grooming, there has also been humping and nipping though. He has been mounting her quite a lot, although he came from a breeding place where he was one of the breeding buns, so not sure how much of the humping might be just a usual behavior for him

He is beautiful though, I really want this to work. But if it doesn’t there are other bunnies needing homes, I’m trying to remember that just in case :lol:

Thank you though, my mind has been a little put at rest. Bonding advice seems a little different these days from when I paired up my Tripper and Scarface, much more leaning towards swapping cages etc!

I can’t figure out how to put photos on here :oops: :lol:

My girl is grooming, there has also been humping and nipping though. He has been mounting her quite a lot, although he came from a breeding place where he was one of the breeding buns, so not sure how much of the humping might be just a usual behavior for him

He is beautiful though, I really want this to work. But if it doesn’t there are other bunnies needing homes, I’m trying to remember that just in case :lol:

Thank you though, my mind has been a little put at rest. Bonding advice seems a little different these days from when I paired up my Tripper and Scarface, much more leaning towards swapping cages etc!

I can put some photos up for you if you like? I'll p.m. you my email in case

They are beautiful SR:love:

j9TjTEgl.jpg

zwWlEHQl.jpg

ZOPgRbVl.jpg

Aww thanks :love:

Unfortunately they didn’t work out as friends. I wasn’t very sensible and got way too confident and attached because of how positive things started, so yeah taking him back to the rescue was difficult and this is something for me to learn from

They are lovely pics and I can fully understand how you can get attached at an early stage when it all appears to be going so well. I'm sorry you had to return him to the rescue. It is hard, but I'm a firm believer in not forcing rabbits to be together when it isn't absolutely perfect. There will be a super boy out there for your beautiful girl.

Back