• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doe treating neutered buck as a kit?

Lagomorphine

Warren Scout
Willow and Charlie have been together since last autumn and until now it has always been clear that Willow was the dominant party. Nine out of ten times it was Charlie grooming Willow and she normally only reciprocated this by a quick token lick.

Today I was watching them a lot and there seems to be a subtle change. Willow seems to fuss around Charlie a lot more; Charlie flops down in front of her, lying on his side and she gives him a long thorough cleaning session. Somehow the whole thing looks a bit out of the ordinary, it's almost as if she believes that Charlie is her kit.

Is this possible? I had something similar going on between our previous rabbit Toffy and her guinea pig companion Fudge when she became broody in the spring but then at least the dimensions were roughly correct whereas Charlie is the same size as Willow.

I have no idea,however I bet Charlie is happy he is getting a good grooming at last! My bridge girl Cleo groomed her husbun Rio much more than he did her.

Back