• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diet suggestions for gassy bunny

zoe2112

Young Bun
Hi all,
Freddie keeps getting gas and after bloods and an x-ray the vet (rabbit savvy) still doesn’t know what’s causing it. So far I have tried:
Science Selective (initially thought this was the cause), Burgess Excel pellets, FibaFirst, Vetcare Digestive Plus and Oxbow essentials and he is still getting gas. I’ve only given him tiny quantities (about 5 pellets or 1/4 of a stick) but all are having the same effect. He’s munching down plenty of meadow hay and has some readigrass. He’s also drinking lots and I occasionally put probiotic powder in that too. I’ve cut out veggies other than a small piece of romaine as a means of getting Infacol into him. His gas seems to be on and off throughout the day and I can’t pinpoint what’s causing it. I have also stopped using the Back2Nature litter in case he was eating it but there’s been no improvement.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m desperate for Freddie to be pain-free for at least 24 hours at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some interesting points in Loobers' thread. From what has been said there and because it doesn't seem to be having any effect for your rabbit, I would stop using the Infacol, but of course it is up to you.

There are some interesting points in Loobers' thread. From what has been said there and because it doesn't seem to be having any effect for your rabbit, I would stop using the Infacol, but of course it is up to you.

Thank you. I’m going to stop with the Infacol and try just tummy massages. He’ll be going back to the vets on Monday.

I have just read your comments in Loober's post regarding your rabbit drinking 4 bowlsful of water per day so have put it here on your post in case anyone else reads it. Good luck with bunny. As I said in the other post, is it possible to get him to the Vets today?

Thank you. He’s really bright today. If he does dip then we’ll call the out of hours and take him in today. It’s like he’s 2 different bunnies.

Back