• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think this is ok for bunnies - now a nutritional musing

Zoobec

Staff member
Agrobs Alpine Forage Muesli - it’s like a grass chop with flowers and veg added

AlpenGrün Müsli is a cereal free, molasses free muesli designed for a natural, appropriate horse feed. Based on Pre Alpin's dried green fiber, made from dried grasses and herbs and refined by adding root vegetables such as parsnip, carrot and beetroot, AlpenGrün Müsli delivers highly digestible fiber, natural, organically-bonded minerals and vitamins as well as secondary plant nutrients.

Ingredients: PRE ALPIN® dried green fiber, linseed pellets, sunflower seeds, apple pulp, black cumin pellets, carrot, oil mixture cold-pressed (linseed oil, camelina oil), rose hip, parsnip, beetroot, marigold blossom, raspberry leaves, blackberry leaves, cornflower blossom

Protein 11,2 % Potassium 1,40 %
Dig. protein 9,1 % Sulphur 0,18 %
Precaec. dig. protein 7,0 % Zinc 31,90 mg/kg
Oils and fat 6,5 % Manganese 95,50 mg/kg
Fiber 22,7 % Copper 7,88 mg/kg
Ash 6,8 % Selenium <0,1 mg/kg
Calcium 0,55 % Starch 2,8 %
Phosphorus 0,32 % Sugar 9,7 %
Magnesium 0,25 % Fructan 6,0 %
Chloride 0,24 % digestible energy (GfE 2003) 10,2 DE MJ / kg
Sodium 0,04 % metabolizable energy (GfE 2014) 8,8 ME MJ / kg

https://www.agrobs.de/futter/en/shop/AlpenGruen+Muesli/?card=1637#_tab_content

I could always pick out the pellets and give them to the goats:lol:

Last edited:
It's high in sugar I think even though it says no molasses. I personally wouldn't feed it mainly as there are so many ingredients some of which might not be in the right proportion for rabbits.

It's high in sugar I think even though it says no molasses. I personally wouldn't feed it mainly as there are so many ingredients some of which might not be in the right proportion for rabbits.

Oops, I missed that. I don’t know why it’s so high in sugar, unless it’s the natural sugars in the apple, carrot etc! It just looks so nice!

By the way, it’s not a muesli as we know it, it looks like a readigrass type mix with flowers and dried veg added.

I’ve just done some more research, and sugar is not mentioned in the feed analysis in most grasses, hay etc, but
the grasstastic fescue grass I buy already which is pure grass nothing added at all , says it is 10.4 % sugar,
readigrass I’ve seen mentioned on a horse forum the makers of Readigrass said that the sugar content was anywhere between 9% and 14% depending on when the grass was cut.
Graze on is 12% sugar

Who would have thought that plain grasses could be so high in naturally occurring sugars :?

Last edited:
I know. I was getting gorgeous grass a year or so ago and the bunnies ate every bit and when I told the person who had grown it, she said that it was fairly high in sugar! It's not only us humans that have a sweet tooth.

:) It was holding a glass of Orange, Mango and Passion Fruit Smoothie from Sainsbury's. Very scrumptious!

I know mine would literally throw it back at me......not joking!
772d77c8770c67c3cc4cbb83b3e7d807.jpg

ravenmoore36

Back