• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pak Choi

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
I've just tried this with the girls and they went crazy! They never go so mad for breakfast (normally more excited by the fresh hay). But wow... they're acting like they're starving!

Has anyone grown Pak Choi before? Does it need a green house?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've just tried this with the girls and they went crazy! They never go so mad for breakfast (normally more excited by the fresh hay). But wow... they're acting like they're starving!

That's interesting that they find it so tasty :)

I've never grown it before, but it looks easy and certainly doesn't need heat. In fact if you look at this link, it would appear that it's best grown when the weather is cooler.

https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-grow-pak-choi/

That's interesting that they find it so tasty :)

I've never grown it before, but it looks easy and certainly doesn't need heat. In fact if you look at this link, it would appear that it's best grown when the weather is cooler.

https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-grow-pak-choi/
Ooo thank you :)
My veg planter will be in fairly direct sunlight for the carrots so I may buy a small plater for the Pak Choi.

They've devoured the plant and have now moved onto their fresh hay.

Mine love it too! It's very expensive though so it's a good job they like kale :lol:

Mine always love pak choi .. when I can spare it from my stir fry :lol:

Mine like the leaves mostly.

Checked with my Dad if we'd grown this before and he said that when we had it bolted. Not sure why but thought I'd mention it.

Mine like the leaves mostly.

Checked with my Dad if we'd grown this before and he said that when we had it bolted. Not sure why but thought I'd mention it.

Yes, bolting is apparently likely if grown when it's hot weather. I've not grown it, but it's covered in the link I posted.

Back