• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump on maple

How can I find out if it's spread? Sorry I have brain mash at the moment. Nothing is ever straight forward for me at the moment. Just trying to understand before I go pick her up so I can organise things xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The appearance of the mass itself may give the Vet some idea and he/she may also have taken a chest Xray. I realise that it is hard not to overthink things, but at the moment you do not know what the mass is. Even if it were to be cancerous there is every chance that it was still confined to the uterus as was the case in all but one of the Does I referred to previously.

I think from the conversation they think it is cancer and it was quite a large mass. I will let you know what they offer investigation wise, but she said given maples age (they think she's a lot older than I thought) most people don't test. And also she's seen this slot in unspayed girls, she said a name of it but I can't remember what she said. No call yet to say she's eating

Maples home, she's not eating but pooping. She's been critical cared today and I'm just wondering how long I should allow her to start eating by herself before having to start critical care? She arrived home 6.45pm

P.s they released her as she was being aggressive and felt she may be happier at home to start eating. She's never ever shown agression to us so she is really upset [emoji20]

Sent

I'm glad she's home. She'll feel more secure now. Have you got any pain relief and gut meds for her? Did they give you any more information about the mass?

I would see if she'll settle at home and eat for herself and then decide re the Critical Care. Perhaps tempt her with favourite foods first.

I'm glad she's home. She'll feel more secure now. Have you got any pain relief and gut meds for her? Did they give you any more information about the mass?

I would see if she'll settle at home and eat for herself and then decide re the Critical Care. Perhaps tempt her with favourite foods first.
I didn't speak about the mass as I thought it was best to speak to the vet who did the surgery. I'm going to call her tomorrow. I only have metacam as they said she has good gut sounds atm and is pooping.

Joe said he's managed to get her to take metacam from the syringe so I quess we are starting to go in the right direction! Phew!

I didn't speak about the mass as I thought it was best to speak to the vet who did the surgery. I'm going to call her tomorrow. I only have metacam as they said she has good gut sounds atm and is pooping.

Joe said he's managed to get her to take metacam from the syringe so I quess we are starting to go in the right direction! Phew!

My vet normally only gives Metacam after a spay and not gut meds as well. You should have a post-spay consult booked?

I am glad she's home :)

I am so sorry to hear this Loobers but hopefully you will have saved her life. They prefer grass or something green after a spay. Hope you and Maple have a peaceful night. xx

Thank you all for thinking of maple. She ate all her forage over night. She has eaten her greens this morning and taken her metacam from the syringe again. However not eating her forage this morning so just going to leave her some piece and quite.

Worryingly aswell that I found some stasis size poops from Toby yesterday. When we got back he was sat in a weird spot. However he is completely fine and eating , normal golden out puts. As soon as I found them he got up to see what goodies I had..I haven't found any like from toby so I think there is definitely a stress connection to maple not beig there. They sleep side by side at night time. I can't wait for maple to recover then in weeks to come we can do the bonding :(

Last edited:
Thank you all for thinking of maple. She ate all her forage over night. She has eaten her greens this morning and taken her metacam from the syringe again. However not eating her forage this morning so just going to leave her some piece and quite.

Worryingly aswell that I found some stasis size poops from Toby yesterday. When we got back he was sat in a weird spot. However he is completely fine and eating , normal golden out puts. As soon as I found them he got up to see what goodies I had..I haven't found any like from toby so I think there is definitely a stress connection to maple not beig there. They sleep side by side at night time. I can't wait for maple to recover then in weeks to come we can do the bonding :(

I'm so glad she's feeling a bit better and I hope you will be too, especially today :D

Vibes for you, Toby and Maple and I hope there's a smooth recovery and no more hitches.

Yes, here's to the future married pair :love:

I am so sorry to hear this Loobers but hopefully you will have saved her life. They prefer grass or something green after a spay. Hope you and Maple have a peaceful night. xx

^this

Hope she’s feeling better today and you can get some useful info from your vet xx

Update for maple:

I spoke to the vet, she said although it was quite big, it hasn't spread to her cervix yet so she removed everything including her cervix from maple as a precaution.

Maples eating well, we are getting binkies for food again which we tell her not to do!! She's taking her metacam from the syringe too, I checked her scar and is quite big. She's being spoiled, we bought her some nice fleece and a low fluffy dog bed for her to sleep in.

Update for maple:

I spoke to the vet, she said although it was quite big, it hasn't spread to her cervix yet so she removed everything including her cervix from maple as a precaution.

Maples eating well, we are getting binkies for food again which we tell her not to do!! She's taking her metacam from the syringe too, I checked her scar and is quite big. She's being spoiled, we bought her some nice fleece and a low fluffy dog bed for her to sleep in.

This is very reassuring and I'm very pleased. Just consider, not only have you rescued her and given her a wonderful new home, but you've also very likely saved her life :D

I'm pleased she's recovering well.

Update for maple:

This is excellent news :D wonderful girl, and all that love she's getting :love:

Back