• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump on maple

Yeah and they are seeing her for her spay this week. Which by the way I'm really worried about as I don't know how old she is and I definitely know she's not going to be very happy after. She was bad after a vaccination. I hope I'm doing the right thing Omi :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I hope that her spay goes well this week. In my view having a doe spayed is conidered to be a routine op, until it's your own doe and then it becomes quite scary :( I'll be in the same situation soon too.

I hope that her spay goes well this week. In my view having a doe spayed is conidered to be a routine op, until it's your own doe and then it becomes quite scary :( I'll be in the same situation soon too.

Ditto to all of the above ! I have had numerous Does spayed and my Vet is VERY Rabbit savvy. She must have spayed thousands of Does. Yet those facts do not stop me from teetering on the verge of meltdown every time I have to take a Doe in for a spay :oops: My Vet is constantly having to calm me down as well as take care of the Bunny :oops:

Ditto to all of the above ! I have had numerous Does spayed and my Vet is VERY Rabbit savvy. She must have spayed thousands of Does. Yet those facts do not stop me from teetering on the verge of meltdown every time I have to take a Doe in for a spay :oops: My Vet is constantly having to calm me down as well as take care of the Bunny :oops:
I'm glad it's not just me. When I see other people having their bunnies spay I think your doing the right thing but then when it comes to the crunch I am so scared! She's definitely not going to like me for a while but maybe she will forgive me when she has a strapping young man like Toby :D

So pleased that the lump is getting smaller :thumb: I'm sure lovely Maple will be fine, but it's only natural to worry, it's because you care. Just wait til she's snuggled up with Toby, it will all be worth it xxx

I'm glad it's not just me. When I see other people having their bunnies spay I think your doing the right thing but then when it comes to the crunch I am so scared! She's definitely not going to like me for a while but maybe she will forgive me when she has a strapping young man like Toby :D

I've had a doe spayed in the recent past, and of course it's really nerve wracking ... But in the hands of a good and confident vet you can't go wrong :D

Glad the lump is getting smaller for Maple, sending vibes for her (and you) on spay-day. It is horribly nerve wracking when it’s your precious Bunny going in but, with a good vet, risk of complications is low. We all read and remember the horror stories, there are loads of lady buns who get on fine (all this you know - just sending moral support)xx

Maple is going in for her spay this morning. Feeling really nervous and I know she's going to be more than displeased with me when she gets back. I've packed her a super treat bag so hopefully she will eat some so she can come home today. I am going to set her pen up with vet bed and make it nice and comfortable for her.
:( worried!

Sending loads of hugs. Think lots of positive thoughts. I hope the spay goes well and that she recovers enough to come home later today.

Maple is going in for her spay this morning. Feeling really nervous and I know she's going to be more than displeased with me when she gets back. I've packed her a super treat bag so hopefully she will eat some so she can come home today. I am going to set her pen up with vet bed and make it nice and comfortable for her.
:( worried!

Loads of hugs for you L. Vibes that the spay goes well x

Maples awake and just waiting for her for eat.

They called me to say they have found a large mass suspected to be cancer and would I like to send off for testing.

Feeling a bit dazed...any one have any experience? ?

They called me to say they have found a large mass suspected to be cancer and would I like to send off for testing.

Yes, a few times. in most cases disease was still confined to the uterus so the spay actually saved the Doe's life.

Sending lots more vibes xx

Yes I have come across this in rescue rabbits I have fostered. I hope you will let them test it, as it will help put your mind at rest as to what it is.

I hope it is all contained within the uterus itself but doubtless they will give you all the details when you go fetch her.

Loobers - hugs for you. You don't have it easy, do you? xx

Sending loads of vibes for Maple and hugs for you.

Whatever the outcome, it's always better to know exactly what you are dealing with. I hope, as Jane has described, the mass is confined to the uterus.

How can I find out if it's spread? Sorry I have brain mash at the moment. Nothing is ever straight forward for me at the moment. Just trying to understand before I go pick her up so I can organise things xx

How can I find out if it's spread? Sorry I have brain mash at the moment. Nothing is ever straight forward for me at the moment. Just trying to understand before I go pick her up so I can organise things xx

Ask the vet about the chances of it having spread, given what they saw when they opened her up.

You don't yet know what the mass is. Try not to worry. Sending you hugs x

Back