• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump on maple

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Maple has a lump on her back (i think it's a reaction to a vaccination she had not long ago. ) Should I be worried? Should I take her to get it checked out tomorrow or is it non - urgent? :( worried

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Maple has a lump on her back (i think it's a reaction to a vaccination she had not long ago. ) Should I be worried? Should I take her to get it checked out tomorrow or is it non - urgent? :( worried

It kind of depends on what it looks like, but if you're pretty sure it's a vaccine reaction there's nothing to be done and it will clear up by itself. Could take a few weeks though.

When did she have the jab?

Why not ring the vet and describe it and see what they say?

It kind of depends on what it looks like, but if you're pretty sure it's a vaccine reaction there's nothing to be done and it will clear up by itself. Could take a few weeks though.

When did she have the jab?

Why not ring the vet and describe it and see what they say?
Well the only reason I think it is a reaction (i hope) is because it's suddenly appeared! It's a movable lump, doesn't feel like it's attached. We have a appointment Tuesday but I'm going to call them at half eight to see what they think

I have no experience of this happening, but from many instances reported here the vaccination would seem to be the most likely cause. I hope the vets can put your mind at rest this morning and that Maple is OK.

I have no experience of this happening, but from many instances reported here the vaccination would seem to be the most likely cause. I hope the vets can put your mind at rest this morning and that Maple is OK.
We are going to have it checked Tuesday xx

Ok, so not a reaction, I have to monitor the size for three weeks and if gets bigger will have to remove :/

Oh no, sending lots of vibes that it doesn't grow. Did he offer any suggestions as to what it might be?

Oh no, sending lots of vibes that it doesn't grow. Did he offer any suggestions as to what it might be?
No he didn't he just said he will need to remove it. And also I didn't ask, I don't want to worry myself anymore right now. I'll ask if it gets bigger :, (

I took Mouse to the vet thinking a lump was from her vaccs, it was the wrong place said our vet, she looked at cells & wasn't satisfied so they went to the lab who said all ok & it disappeared a few weeks later.

Many vibes for Maple that the lump is nothing of significance (as so many are) x

No he didn't he just said he will need to remove it. And also I didn't ask, I don't want to worry myself anymore right now. I'll ask if it gets bigger :, (

Morse had to have two lumps removed from his back which at first we thought were reactions to injections But they grew. The op' was straightforward and Morse recovered very well (even though he had numerous health problems including Heart Disease).

The lumps turned out to be benign granulomas which probably were originally caused by longterm injections. For some reason his body reacted to make the granulous tissue keep increasing. So please try not to worry, I very much doubt that Maple's lump is anything 'nasty'.

So been keeping a feel if it and it's definitely getting smaller?

I wonder what it was? :/ hmm

I've no idea what it is still, but it's really good news that it's getting smaller :D Did John ask you to go back after 3 weeks?

I've no idea what it is still, but it's really good news that it's getting smaller :D Did John ask you to go back after 3 weeks?
Yeah and they are seeing her for her spay this week. Which by the way I'm really worried about as I don't know how old she is and I definitely know she's not going to be very happy after. She was bad after a vaccination. I hope I'm doing the right thing Omi :(

Yeah and they are seeing her for her spay this week. Which by the way I'm really worried about as I don't know how old she is and I definitely know she's not going to be very happy after. She was bad after a vaccination. I hope I'm doing the right thing Omi :(

Glad to hear the lump is shrinking and good luck for her spay :)

Back