• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fiba first alternative

Zoobec

Staff member
I might be dreaming but a couple of years ago I feel sure I bought fibafirst or something similar and it was like a flat thinner shape, and more green. It smelt nice. The rabbits I had then loved it and it went down like a treat.

I’ve just bought some fibafirst for Frosty and he isn’t all that bothered by it.

Can anyone think if there is or was something like I remember?

I buy these

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food...care-plus-digestive-health-formula-1kg-p-5639

Tethra (and also Yan and Tan) would eat FibaFirst, but it's obvious that he's not that keen. He has to be hungry and nothing else being available except hay. He will eat these more willingly, but only by a small degree :) I think they are better than FibaFirst as they don't tend to break up so readily and they smell a little less bland. But they are not green and are a similar size to FibaFirst.

Thanks, I’ll see if I can get some for him to try :thumb: the goats will probably eat his rejects :lol:

Thanks, I’ll see if I can get some for him to try :thumb: the goats will probably eat his rejects [emoji38]
There's the selective science green ones that are mint and peas? They are a treat though. Toby is on the same as Tethra. They have similar ingredients only digestive health has more vitamins. I was investigating last night :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I buy these

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-food...care-plus-digestive-health-formula-1kg-p-5639

Tethra (and also Yan and Tan) would eat FibaFirst, but it's obvious that he's not that keen. He has to be hungry and nothing else being available except hay. He will eat these more willingly, but only by a small degree :) I think they are better than FibaFirst as they don't tend to break up so readily and they smell a little less bland. But they are not green and are a similar size to FibaFirst.

I was going to suggest these too. Not that I have any experience of the bunny version, but the piggy version always seems more similar to the original Fibafirst.

Clementine isn't really a fan of either the vetuk ones or the fibre first ones, she'll eat them, as you've said only if there nothing else available x

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I'm very happy to send you a few for Frosty to try. Just let me know by PM where to send them :)

I'm very happy to send you a few for Frosty to try. Just let me know by PM where to send them :)

Thanks, that’s lovely of you :love: I’ll send you a PM. I could send you some grasstastic fescue grass chop if you like, for Tethra to try? xx

Back