• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbit/s

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
How much time do you spend with your houae rabbits each day? Or indeed any of your rabbits?!

I have fallen for a youngster who may need to be an only rabbit and am concerned that I wont be able to give him enough time/attention. I would try to bond him once he had settled in.

I have four outdoor rabbits and only spend about an hour or two with them includong cleaning.

I am a carer for my mum so am at home most of the time. Thanks.

Ages, like all the time, I think they wish I'd leave them alone more:lol:. I might do jobs in other rooms when Boo tags along :love: but I bob in regularly.

If you're home most of the time it sounds perfect. I think where in the house a solo bun goes is significant, I think its most fun when they are everywhere

When I am in the bunnies have free range of the house, today we are up at 6am, they will range all day only being put back in the run when we go out. They do follow from room to room and like to get involved in whatever I am doing. If I am in the office Dillon lies at the top of the stairs so he can see everything that is going on.

Yeah thats the thing. We have two dogs so he would only be able to have one room (about 12 x 11 feet less the space taken up by a chest of drawers and a fridge freezer).

I spend a good amount of time in here with the guinea pigs but am not sure that it would be enough for a rabbit on his own (which may change if he bonded ok, has been agressive with other rabbits).

When Daphne was a single house rabbit I only worked 6 hours a day.... she would cling to me as soon as I got home.

I began to feel bad about it so we bonded her to Phoebe. Now we do spend the evening talking to them but they're not cuddly buns so most of the time they just ignore us.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The quad are outdoor rabbits and they are not too fussed about human interaction hence wanting a house rabbit. I am just going to keep trying to bond him (with the help of a local rescue) until the right partner comes along for him.

I totally get what you say about feeling bad for a single rabbit Daphne. That is my main worry, at least I am here most of the time.

I think if they really dislike other rabbits and you're at home most of the day so they can choose to be with you then it's ok, what I have found is that usually there is a rabbit friend for every bunny it may take many bonding attempts to find them though.

When Daphne was a single house rabbit I only worked 6 hours a day.... she would cling to me as soon as I got home.

I began to feel bad about it so we bonded her to Phoebe. Now we do spend the evening talking to them but they're not cuddly buns so most of the time they just ignore us.

I have a vision of you & OH brightly talking for hours about your day & asking D&P about theirs only they have their back to you :lol: Boo adores human company, J&M would be lost as single buns, I think they like us just a little bit (as their chef & masseuse )

I have a vision of you & OH brightly talking for hours about your day & asking D&P about theirs only they have their back to you [emoji38] Boo adores human company, J&M would be lost as single buns, I think they like us just a little bit (as their chef & masseuse )
You've got it spot on. They do turn around for daddy though.

I think if they really dislike other rabbits and you're at home most of the day so they can choose to be with you then it's ok, what I have found is that usually there is a rabbit friend for every bunny it may take many bonding attempts to find them though.

I hope that there is a rabbit for him out there. Preferably one that I feel drawn to, mainly keen on him being happy with her though.

We spend every evening with our house buns, because they live in the living room.

Even though they are a pair and keep each other entertained, they still get really excited when we enter the room. I like to think we are part of the bunny warren.

They like to show off a super binky/sprint and then pause it front of us until we say "good boy" and then repeat until they do a big flop on their square. Hahaha.

It's very impressive. I hope you get to have a couple of buns for you house. It really is wonderful...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I've just got Treacle now, since we lost her brother. She is now a single house bun, and has her own room, which adjoins the lounge. The door is always open, with a puppy panel across to keep George (cat) out when I'm not there. I am retired so she has me at her beck and call, for most of the day. In the evening she comes in the lounge and lies under the coffee table, in between zoomies and binkys. She always appears to be a happy bun.

Mervinius that sounds really lovely! I used to love having my two bucks indoors. They are now a quad with two does and are really happy outside (one of the does esprcially likes to be outside).

Pets mum it is encouraging to know that Treacle seems happy. As a carer for my mum I am at home a lot so will be able to have lots of time with any rabbit/s.

Back