• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can Frosty have some vibes please?

Zoobec

Staff member
He’s got to have a dental tomorrow:cry: today I noticed he wasn’t ‘right’ wanting hay/grass/chop but not eating much, but eating pellets ok. So i thought probably dental and I’ve taken him to get checked over. He’s got good gut sounds but his mouth is a little bit sore and he’s got a couple of spurs and his teeth are a bit long. He’s normally a hay eating monster so I knew he wasn’t right. Also poops gone small.

He’s had metacam and baytril, and emeprid and I’ve got recovery food to syringe feed him. Going to the vets has stressed him out so I’m leaving him to settle for a bit before doing the syringing.

He’s got to have a dental tomorrow:cry: today I noticed he wasn’t ‘right’ wanting hay/grass/chop but not eating much, but eating pellets ok. So i thought probably dental and I’ve taken him to get checked over. He’s got good gut sounds but his mouth is a little bit sore and he’s got a couple of spurs and his teeth are a bit long. He’s normally a hay eating monster so I knew he wasn’t right. Also poops gone small.

He’s had metacam and baytril, and emeprid and I’ve got recovery food to syringe feed him. Going to the vets has stressed him out so I’m leaving him to settle for a bit before doing the syringing.

Awww poor Mr Frosty :( I hope his Dental will go well and that he'll soon be back to full hay munching xx

Poor Frosty and pesky rabbit teeth. Sending loads of vibes for his dental tomorrow.

Thankyou all :love: he’s perked up a lot and is munching pellets fine. The vet said I needed to get as much recovery food in to him as I could. He’s taken about 10ml - minus what is down my top :lol: from the syringe but then stopped wanting to swallow it straight away so we have left it at that for now. It’s the first time I’ve had to syringe feed so I’m not sure how much to expect him to take how often really. He didn’t seem stressed by the feeding in particular, he’s having a good wash now.

Anyone know how much recovery to expect a bunny of around 1 kilo to take, and how often?

Last edited:
Oh poor Frosty [emoji17] Thank goodness for the good old "there's something not quite right with my bunny" radar and that you picked up on it before he stopped eating altogether.

I don't know if this helps at all but Fudgie is around 1.6 kgs and I fed her about 10 to 15mls of the CC every four hours when she had stasis.

Sending lots of vibes for his dental. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou all :love: he’s perked up a lot and is munching pellets fine. The vet said I needed to get as much recovery food in to him as I could. He’s taken about 10ml - minus what is down my top :lol: from the syringe but then stopped wanting to swallow it straight away so we have left it at that for now. It’s the first time I’ve had to syringe feed so I’m not sure how much to expect him to take how often really. He didn’t seem stressed by the feeding in particular, he’s having a good wash now.

Anyone know how much recovery to expect a bunny of around 1 kilo to take, and how often?

Replied via PM :D

A million Frosty vibes. I'm pleased he is taking his feed ok. I find it difficult to know - people make it different consistencies which doesn't help xx

Oh poor Frosty [emoji17] Thank goodness for the good old "there's something not quite right with my bunny" radar and that you picked up on it before he stopped eating altogether.

I don't know if this helps at all but Fudgie is around 1.6 kgs and I fed her about 10 to 15mls of the CC every four hours when she had stasis.

Sending lots of vibes for his dental. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou :thumb:

A million Frosty vibes. I'm pleased he is taking his feed ok. I find it difficult to know - people make it different consistencies which doesn't help xx

Thanks, I’m just going to go with my gut instinct and see how we go :thumb:

Lots of good dental vibes for tomorrow.

We used to get the girls to eat around 10ml every 3 hours. Both are just over 2kgs.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone:love: he’s looking quite a lot brighter now, and nibbling on a bit of hay. He’s also eating pellets enthusiastically. I tried him with some critical care mixed with a bit of mashed banana with tiny pieces of banana on top, and he ate most of that himself from a dish. So I think I won’t need to syringe feed him while ever he is eating something regularly. I don’t want to stress him any more than I have to.

Back