• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft poop

glitterdust

Warren Scout
The change of diet seems to be having a bad effect on Norah. Her cecotrophs the last couple of days are soft and I have had to cut the fur round her little bum because they were stuck to it. Jimmy has no pellets now at all for his teeth issues , I do give Norah a few pellets but she is also eating more greens, could this be the problem. Also am I feeding too much green stuff.jimmy in the morning gets 2 of the cero kale leaves and 1 spring green leaf and Norah the same along with her pellets. Then it's hay only until 3.00 and then they get dried dandelions and Ribwort and then fresh herbs ,pak Choi and a small peice of broccoli each and before bed 1 apple ,willow or pear twig each.
Any ideas out of all that what could be the most likely culprit causing her soft cecotrophs..no signs of dental problems in Jimmy as yet, so I just need to find the balance where Norah has no problems either.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Do you think they would eat more hay if they didn't have so much veg etc? Hay is meant to be 80% of their diet.

Do you think they would eat more hay if they didn't have so much veg etc? Hay is meant to be 80% of their diet.
Jimmy eats loads more hay now than he used to since dropping the pellets but I am really just not sure how much of anything else I am meant to be giving them apart from hay all the time . I am trying to substitute Jimmy's pellets with veg but I'm not sure of how much I am meant to give instead.I am obviously giving Norah too much as she has soft cecos.should I cut it down? I try to fix one problem and the other one gets a problem [emoji846]

Cut out the 2 leaves of Kale and see if this helps. It isn't easy giving advice as all bunnies are slightly different in how much they can eat without it causing upsets.

Cut out the 2 leaves of Kale and see if this helps. It isn't easy giving advice as all bunnies are slightly different in how much they can eat without it causing upsets.
OK that is good idea, I do think maybe I should cut down the greens a little bit, I didn't realise myself how much they were getting till I wrote it down [emoji33] thanks

Back