• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did your rabbit choose you?

Yes, kind of. Or, no.
Matthew and Tabitha always shared.
Charles and Cecile always shared.
They lived near each other (after C+C came to live with me in 2011).
I didn't manage to bond them, and the boys became increasingly aggressive towards each other as they aged and their eyesight began to fail.
Matthew died just before he was nine, and the others, together by vet, very close to their ninth birthdays. Cecile could have gone on a little longer but she was blind and would have been alone for the first time in her life.
No more animals for me, ever.
That's the plan.

Last edited:
After looking after my friend's bun Bramble for a week and both of us falling in love and heartbroken when we had to give him back!

I convinced my OH that we were just going to look at some bunnies....teehee

We wanted Nethie's and there weren't any buns in our rescues near here. Weirdly there don't ever seem to be many.

We had picked Archie from pictures online, he was the last of his litter and my OH had already named him before we got there! The breeder was going to keep him, but had changed her mind for some reason. I think she wanted to keep him really..

Archibald Montgomery Hoppinsworth was named and chosen. He was so shy, but adorable.

We were hoping to get a orange Doe to go with Archie, but she was gone before we got there....

However Pippin Hoppinsworth was the last left of her litter, because she was black and they don't photograph Well apparently. I scooped her up and she spent the whole time relaxing into my arms and looking at me....

2 days later we were back to collect them and bring them home!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I think those two chose you really - they know how to twizzle you around their little paws :lol:

They have very sophisticated names. I wouldn't mind betting they are Lord and Lady? ;)

Yes, kind of. Or, no.
Matthew and Tabitha always shared.
Charles and Cecile always shared.
They lived near each other (after C+C came to live with me in 2011).
I didn't manage to bond them, and the boys became increasingly aggressive towards each other as they aged and their eyesight began to fail.
Matthew died just before he was nine, and the others, together by vet, very close to their ninth birthdays. Cecile could have gone on a little longer but she was blind and would have been alone for the first time in her life.
No more animals for me, ever.
That's the plan.

Do you have lovely memories of those four? They all reached good ages :)

I love your description of Clementine as 'strong and fearless' :)

I think there are some rabbits that have needs, know it, and go all out to get those needs satisfied. I guess that's also part of how they choose us, as they know (somehow?) that we will benefit them.

Not all rabbits are like this. It seems some rabbits are more 'aware' than others. Or is that just my wishful thinking?

She just is though, I remember thinking she was a force of nature when I met her - never thought that about an animal before haha

Hope i'm not jinxing this... But so far she's been so resilient - knee surgery on both legs? vets never done it before? car ride back home that takes 1 hours 30 minutes? All fine, nothing phases her - she was eating all her veggies, hay and treats I was passing in as we crawled along in traffic near the Blackwall tunnel (I remember it all so clearly) - I remember being so scared before because it was the first operation i'd had to deal with alone (no one had been spayed or neutered yet) but she was just so strong and chill about it all, got back to the flat and she just stretched out and napped on my pillow then got up - her ear straighten up and she was back to normal. Her spay she was allowed to come home so soon after she'd woken up, not even an hour had passed, and by the time we was home she was behaving like nothing had happened :lol: Atticus wouldn't eat or drink for 2 weeks after his castration and his ear took a month to stand up again :lol:

I agree that some seem more aware than others - Atticus is very aware of things going on now - think he was too scared when I went to get him though haha

I think those two chose you really - they know how to twizzle you around their little paws [emoji38]

They have very sophisticated names. I wouldn't mind betting they are Lord and Lady? ;)
Haha yes they certainly do. They probably thought "these humans will spoil us, let's pick them....Archie look extra cute quick"

They both danced in circles around my OHs feet last night until they got treats. Haha it was like a bunny merri go round.

They have been known to be called Lady Pip pip and Lord Booblington especially when the are being rambunctious. Lol

Haha yes they certainly do. They probably thought "these humans will spoil us, let's pick them....Archie look extra cute quick"

They both danced in circles around my OHs feet last night until they got treats. Haha it was like a bunny merri go round.

They have been known to be called Lady Pip pip and Lord Booblington especially when the are being rambunctious. Lol

I have always had one Nethie in my 'pack' for over ten years, and they are hilarious. Just beautiful, and like lops, a personality-breed all to themselves.

Dancing around in circles - a pair of mine used to do that at evening feed-time. It was just impossible to put the bowl down, because wherever you tried to put it, a couple of whirling figures (black and white) would be underneath it! :roll::lol:

Of my current three Noodle (RIP) chose Joey, Boo was the only single female in rescue so fate chose her. Mouse I chose as her story broke my heart & I felt a connection.

Generally my bunnies have done the choosing through speed dating - I've not really had a say. They have all made amazing choices though :love:

I have always had one Nethie in my 'pack' for over ten years, and they are hilarious. Just beautiful, and like lops, a personality-breed all to themselves.

Dancing around in circles - a pair of mine used to do that at evening feed-time. It was just impossible to put the bowl down, because wherever you tried to put it, a couple of whirling figures (black and white) would be underneath it! :roll:[emoji38]

Yeah I love their huge personalities and I do laugh at them an awful lot...

Yes it's become really hard to feed them anything because they trip you up! so you have to slowly shuffle forward like penguin and then scatter the food, because their heads are in the bowl before I can put anything in It!

Last night I wasn't quick enough and they both got covered in dried forage. Haha

Sonic was on his own in a pet shop somewhere in Ilkley I believe. I'd set out to get a rabbit, and I saw him alone so I got him!

I don't think either of us chose each other, but he soon had me wrapped around his lil paw. I'm his now, no doubt :lol:

Of my current three Noodle (RIP) chose Joey, Boo was the only single female in rescue so fate chose her. Mouse I chose as her story broke my heart & I felt a connection.

Generally my bunnies have done the choosing through speed dating - I've not really had a say. They have all made amazing choices though :love:

Speed dating for buns :love:

It sounds like Boo needed someone like you to look after her :)

Yeah I love their huge personalities and I do laugh at them an awful lot...

Yes it's become really hard to feed them anything because they trip you up! so you have to slowly shuffle forward like penguin and then scatter the food, because their heads are in the bowl before I can put anything in It!

Last night I wasn't quick enough and they both got covered in dried forage. Haha

I think being covered in food is a nightly occurrence for my hooligans (got that from House of Rabbit - great description of the gang ;))

Of our rabbits

(1) Lucky was adopoted from people that no longer wanted him and his companion guinea pig.
(2) Toffy came from a pet shot but he definitely chose us, no doubt about it. There was a way he came over to us and looked at us.
(3) Willow came from PAH, I chose her on the basis of her having been left "on the shelf" and looking bored.
(4) Charlie was effectively a rescue as he lived on a farm couped up in a hutch although I wanted Willow to have a friend anyway.

I think ideally animals should choose us as they have that sixth sense that we have lost. But ultimately if you choose them and give them a happy life, that's OK too.

Of our rabbits

(1) Lucky was adopoted from people that no longer wanted him and his companion guinea pig.
(2) Toffy came from a pet shot but he definitely chose us, no doubt about it. There was a way he came over to us and looked at us.
(3) Willow came from PAH, I chose her on the basis of her having been left "on the shelf" and looking bored.
(4) Charlie was effectively a rescue as he lived on a farm couped up in a hutch although I wanted Willow to have a friend anyway.

I think ideally animals should choose us as they have that sixth sense that we have lost. But ultimately if you choose them and give them a happy life, that's OK too.

Yes I agree with this :D I sometimes think we are too noisy as humans to listen to our sixth sense.

If the right people get paired up with the right rabbit/s then we are all lucky. I hope it happens a lot more than I see it :)

We went and chose Truffle (who as a baby was a scrawny thing with giant ears until he grew into them lol!).
But I like to think something brought Luther into our lives, he came into the vets I worked in very sick all of a sudden and collapsed out in pets at home. It was a Friday and my weekend on so I offered to take him with me and do my best to keep syringe feeding him and injecting fluids every 4 or so hours. Then that Sunday because I made him better it was time to pass him back and let pets at homes lovely staff carry on his progress.
A few weeks later he was all better and ready for sale so I saw him back on the shop floor every morning and evening on my way through to the vets. I was astonished no one took a cute little grey helicopter bun so one day in the second week I rang my OH and he said just do it, reserve him and we will take him, we will figure out him and truffle another time lol.

And here we are now his just recently turned a year old and was the perfect friend for Truffle to have a bromance with <3

c3d484c1fc56b21c9fe460be6ce1135a.jpg

c19429440b420e159325ad68a3db376b.jpg

9003a91921ae98853381d594e87f13a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a beautiful story and photos :love:

I can see that Luther was definitely meant to be with you. And I doubt anyone would've had the patience to support that bromance had you not had faith xx

What a beautiful story and photos :love:

I can see that Luther was definitely meant to be with you. And I doubt anyone would've had the patience to support that bromance had you not had faith xx

Aww thank you :-D <3
Yes I did feel there was some pull in the cosmos every day I walked past him, and when I was looking after him that weekend he came round my parents with me and Sam to watch Eurovision!
Ah that’s lovely of you to say! I still count my lucky stars every day that we made it with them <3 xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. :) Some additions (like the rexes) are due to losses, as they were originally with Elphie, after she lost Galinda. River and Morning, after Lelantos to be more accurate, though they needed separating. In the past few months, we've had a massive breakthrough with Morning, which is so rewarding. :love:

Each one is special in their own way.

Exactly :D

Bunnies in order. Left white luna was dumped we took her in. Dutch eclipse it was mutual. Centre eclipse he chose ivy after luna passed. Right ollie i picked he had facial injuries from being in transit from the breeders to pets at home.
7a56f9adb4b7537bdf3784ffc4e204fb.jpg
517f86361f76e0c10cbb8d19585b4fc1.jpg
db81165edec43c66b9796f2a9a67131c.jpg

ravenmoore36

Bunnies in order. Left white luna was dumped we took her in. Dutch eclipse it was mutual. Centre eclipse he chose ivy after luna passed. Right ollie i picked he had facial injuries from being in transit from the breeders to pets at home.
7a56f9adb4b7537bdf3784ffc4e204fb.jpg
517f86361f76e0c10cbb8d19585b4fc1.jpg
db81165edec43c66b9796f2a9a67131c.jpg

ravenmoore36

Thank you for posting such lovely photos :love:

I remember the lovely Luna and how hard you worked for her :)

Back