• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home: No Easter Bunnies!

There using Peter rabbit as a draw in :cry: and although may no sell for 3days they still selling vouchers on those days for purchasing a rabbit over easter period

There using Peter rabbit as a draw in :cry: and although may no sell for 3days they still selling vouchers on those days for purchasing a rabbit over easter period

Gosh it gets worse :(

I'm going to demote that 3 out of ten I gave them to 1 and 1/2 ..

The FILM was really funny. But do hope it doesn't mean people are going to start dressing their rabbits.

Big Pets at Home ad just before if started promoting their small animal workshops.:evil:

The FILM was really funny. But do hope it doesn't mean people are going to start dressing their rabbits.

Big Pets at Home ad just before if started promoting their small animal workshops.:evil:

:roll: Did they sponsor the film or something?

Glad you enjoyed it :D

:roll: Did they sponsor the film or something?

Glad you enjoyed it :D

No they just thought oh look how we can get more sales by using Peter rabbit draw more people in 😢

Another store not helping rabbits if you have not seen is tesco clothing they have advert of adult passing rabbit to child, poor bunny looks so uncomfortable 😢

No they just thought oh look how we can get more sales by using Peter rabbit draw more people in 😢

Another store not helping rabbits if you have not seen is tesco clothing they have advert of adult passing rabbit to child, poor bunny looks so uncomfortable 😢

Haven't seen that one :cry:

Just been to watch it and first advert on was pah advertising there so called great easter workshop for kids grrr made me mad, even my nan didn't like how they are using film to draw custom x

Just been to watch it and first advert on was pah advertising there so called great easter workshop for kids grrr made me mad, even my nan didn't like how they are using film to draw custom x
No wayyy

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

really stupid question but, what IS the issue with P@H easter work shops?

I see everybody complaining about them left right & center, but I can't wrap my head around what is so bad. is it just purely because kids may then want said animal? but then surely passing on info to the younger generation about care, vaccines, space etc is also very good? they're going to perhaps be the next generation to own these animals, and you need to start somewhere with animal welfare as unfortunately, some of the older generations are stuck in a different time frame. a know a few who owned bunnies years ago, and because it was "okay" then, due to lack of research, they don't see a reason to vaccinate, neuter and that a 3ft hutch is okay for them to live in.

sorry, perhaps I'm just missing something

really stupid question but, what IS the issue with P@H easter work shops?

I see everybody complaining about them left right & center, but I can't wrap my head around what is so bad. is it just purely because kids may then want said animal? but then surely passing on info to the younger generation about care, vaccines, space etc is also very good? they're going to perhaps be the next generation to own these animals, and you need to start somewhere with animal welfare as unfortunately, some of the older generations are stuck in a different time frame. a know a few who owned bunnies years ago, and because it was "okay" then, due to lack of research, they don't see a reason to vaccinate, neuter and that a 3ft hutch is okay for them to live in.

sorry, perhaps I'm just missing something

I can't help you there, as I don't have an issue with their workshops and don't really know what goes on in one.

I was pleased that P@H were not selling rabbits over Easter, but disappointed that this ban on selling lasts only 3 days and not longer.

Hopefully someone else can help?

Because they are a business and they aim to sell.

A workshop that gets all the different animals out to show you how rewarding they are is not teaching! It's selling!!
550ec588bac0ccfbf46283a5c8099a53.jpg

If they weren’t recommending rabbits as pets to small children as well as pushing their own unsuitable hutches and indoor cages, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Sadly ......

I’m almost tempted to book myself on one of the workshops and be the annoying person at the back who disagrees with everything the teacher says.

If they weren’t recommending rabbits as pets to small children as well as pushing their own unsuitable hutches and indoor cages, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Sadly ......

I’m almost tempted to book myself on one of the workshops and be the annoying person at the back who disagrees with everything the teacher says.

Now that's a good idea and the sort of thing I would do :lol:;)

Why not get a Vet to come in and educate? I can't believe they are still selling those accommodations in this day and age! They should concentrate on educating things like RHD2 etc

Now that's a good idea and the sort of thing I would do :lol:;)

Shame we didn’t get organised, we could have got loads of RWAF posters and Hop To It booklets and organised volunteers to go into local stores. Although the RWAF might not want to be associated with a bunch of opinionated rabbit cheerleaders upsetting the P@H staff.

Why not get a Vet to come in and educate? I can't believe they are still selling those accommodations in this day and age! They should concentrate on educating things like RHD2 etc

My vet told me a couple of weeks ago that their vets aren’t recimmending VHD2 injections to their new bunny owners. Pretty shocking if true.

Back