Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Awareness Week 17th - 25th June 2017

I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Yea my vets is £40 each for both vaccines - can't believe yours used to be £22 that sounds amazing now

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two

Was that £80 for both of them Grace?

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

What?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    What?
    It means 140 per rabbit!!

Bam & Charlie

It means 140 per rabbit!!

With my vet, a health check comes in with the vaccination fee and so it's all included.
    £140 per rabbit is outrageous in my humble opinion

My vet charges £40 per rabbit, and with multiple rabbits (and two vaccinations) that's a lot. So I shop around and get the myxo/rhd1 from one place and the rhd2 from another place and it's between £10 - £20 cheaper per vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing
    That would be a good idea! I like at work the VHD2 vac is £20 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, that encourages people to get it booked in straight after they've come for the myxo/VHD1. Different matter, but they've put a set price on C sections for brachycephalics and you have to pay upfront, and then you get a free spay included to encourage people not to breed again. The vets are at a loss, but hopefully will reduce some litters being bred!

If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)