Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Rabbit Awareness Week 17th - 25th June 2017

  1. #21
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie

  2. #22
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    8,153

    Default

    The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

    If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

  3. #23
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.

    I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  4. #24
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    The vets I use used to charge £22 for the nobivav myxo/vhd1, they've gone up to £40 now!! And £40 for VHD2. Work charge £40 for the 1st vaccine and £20 for VHD2 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, so that's good.
    Yea my vets is £40 each for both vaccines - can't believe yours used to be £22 that sounds amazing now

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Mama Doe Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    That's mad! Mine both had mixi and RHD1 vaccine the other day, was £80 but William also gives them a health check at the same time - RHD2 is 40 also tho but that's not due til December for my two

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    Was that £80 for both of them Grace?
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  7. #27
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    I don't know why my one is so much but with health check and vaccination it's 100 plus another 42 for the RHD2.

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    What?
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  8. #28
    Mama Doe loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    What?
    It means 140 per rabbit!!

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie

  9. #29
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    It means 140 per rabbit!!

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    With my vet, a health check comes in with the vaccination fee and so it's all included.
    £140 per rabbit is outrageous in my humble opinion

    My vet charges £40 per rabbit, and with multiple rabbits (and two vaccinations) that's a lot. So I shop around and get the myxo/rhd1 from one place and the rhd2 from another place and it's between £10 - £20 cheaper per vaccination
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed


    Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

  10. #30
    Forum Buddy Liz47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    8,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I realise all vets have to make a profit, of course. But neutering is heavily subsidised in order to prevent lots of little bunnies being born and I would like to see vaccinations subsidised also, to protect rabbit's health. I don't think it's going to happen and I may well be heavily criticised for even suggesting such a thing
    That would be a good idea! I like at work the VHD2 vac is £20 if done 2-4 weeks after the 1st, that encourages people to get it booked in straight after they've come for the myxo/VHD1. Different matter, but they've put a set price on C sections for brachycephalics and you have to pay upfront, and then you get a free spay included to encourage people not to breed again. The vets are at a loss, but hopefully will reduce some litters being bred!

    If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •