• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Arce's not eating

She's not rallying at all. She's done a dozen or so tiny poos, which shows some movement at least. However, she's now fairly dehydrated, and being very resistant to syringe feeding. Will be calling the vets at 8.30 to take her back.

I'm glad she's done some poo at least.

I hope you got on well at the vet xx

Sending more vibes x

Arce has been admitted (with Elphie for company). Bloods have come back fine, except for slight anemia. But worryingly, they've found a couple of fleas. I've just administered some flea treatment to Yuki, Niji, and Morning as a precaution. The next step is to wait for poop to see if there's any worms. I feel awful for her, poor soul. She had a slight nibble apparently, but now she's back to mostly refusing.

I feel like this is all my fault now. :cry:

Arce has been admitted (with Elphie for company). Bloods have come back fine, except for slight anemia. But worryingly, they've found a couple of fleas. I've just administered some flea treatment to Yuki, Niji, and Morning as a precaution. The next step is to wait for poop to see if there's any worms. I feel awful for her, poor soul. She had a slight nibble apparently, but now she's back to mostly refusing.

I feel like this is all my fault now. :cry:

Nothing is your fault xx

Sending more vibes and hugs x

Arce and Elphie are back home. Elphie was a good girl at the vets.

Arce will sometimes have a nibble of lettuce if it's pretty much forced in her mouth. She's had sub-q fluids and is acting a little brighter. She's been sent home for the night with Fibreplex and more Recovery. She'll be getting another dose of emeprid and some Fibreplex at 11pm. If she feels bloated we're to call OOH. The OOH vet isn't rabbit-savvy, but Z, the vet who's been seeing her, is going to say they can call her if necessary. If she's still not eating tomorrow, she's to be taken back for xrays. Z isn't in tomorrow, but the head vet and rabbit savvy S is instead. Z is contacting her and leaving full case notes just in case.

All indoor rabbits have received flea treatment too now. There doesn't appear to be any sign of worms BUT Arce also hasn't pooped since 8.30am now.

It's going to be another very long night here. :(

Topping up the vibes for her, I hope she will be feeling better soon. And sending hugs to you xx

Topping up the vibes xx You're in no way to blame, you're doing brilliant at looking after them xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Extra vibes for Arce, I hope she is doing better. You are doing all you can, T, be kind to yourself.((((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Back