• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Arce's not eating

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Refused her nighttime veggies, wouldn't eat a fibafirst, or even the emergency baby food.

Been to the vet already. Has had a couple of injections - pain relief and gut stimulant - and been sent home with some more emeprid. She doesn't seem to be bloated, there are SOME gut noises, and her teeth have got the all clear.

We don't need this right now. :cry: Please send vibes for our gorgeous loplet. It's nearly a year since we lost her "sister", Iris. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sending loads of vibes for your lovely girlie. I hope she responds to the meds soon. I agree it's not the best time for you :(

Sending lots of hugs.

Refused her nighttime veggies, wouldn't eat a fibafirst, or even the emergency baby food.

Been to the vet already. Has had a couple of injections - pain relief and gut stimulant - and been sent home with some more emeprid. She doesn't seem to be bloated, there are SOME gut noises, and her teeth have got the all clear.

We don't need this right now. :cry: Please send vibes for our gorgeous loplet. It's nearly a year since we lost her "sister", Iris. :cry: :cry: :cry:

So very sorry to hear this.

Sending loads of vibes xx

She's still very, very reluctant. I've syringe-fed her some Recovery and some baby food, but if she's going to survive, she's got a long way to go. :cry: Normally, I find emeprid gets them eating very soon after, but with Arce, nothing...

She's still very, very reluctant. I've syringe-fed her some Recovery and some baby food, but if she's going to survive, she's got a long way to go. :cry: Normally, I find emeprid gets them eating very soon after, but with Arce, nothing...

Infacol?

Has she had a blood glucose test?

Sending vibes xx

Will have to grab some tomorrow... uh later this morning, MM. What would I be looking at for a dosage? (Providing she's still with us, of course.)

She has only had a physical exam, the 2 injections (metacloprimade and b... something, I only briefly looked at the receipt.) Teeth are fine, gut felt ok, lost approx 150g since December. She's 2.2kg at the moment, a little on the light side for a rabbit of her build. Didn't feel bloated. Her butt is a little damp, but the vet said it's not anywhere near the worst she's seen. (Which makes me feel sorry for other rabbits more than anything else. Arce's always been fastidious with her grooming with me.)

I'll ask the vet about bloods tomorrow. I expect the next step would also be an xray to see if there's any blockages? As far as we know, her age is about 6ish, but being a rescue, I guess she could easily be much older too.

OH is really worried too. She's a bit of a daddy's girl, and he always calls her "my lady". He'll be bereft if we lose her, even though part of him still can't quite believe how much he's fallen for rabbits.

Last edited:
You have all the healing vibes I can send for the lovely Arce. I hope she is back to herself a.s.a.p. xxxxxxxxx

She's not rallying at all. She's done a dozen or so tiny poos, which shows some movement at least. However, she's now fairly dehydrated, and being very resistant to syringe feeding. Will be calling the vets at 8.30 to take her back.

Sending more vibes for her. Perhaps the vet will give her some fluids. I will be thinking of you both.

I'm really sorry Acre is so poorly [emoji17] It's encouraging at least that she's passed some poos. Hopefully she will start to feel better with some fluids.

Sending lots of vibes for her xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's not rallying at all. She's done a dozen or so tiny poos, which shows some movement at least. However, she's now fairly dehydrated, and being very resistant to syringe feeding. Will be calling the vets at 8.30 to take her back.

:cry:

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Back