• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding/housing timeframes?

capable

Mama Doe
I think I've finally settled on an ideal set-up idea for my potential trio - a converted playhouse, attached to a combination of my current runs. I haven't started bonding yet, and I don't want to get ahead of myself if the buns don't get along; but at the same time, it'll be 10-14 days before the playhouse could be delivered +conversion time for it and the run.

Best case scenario (if the boys all get on) is that they end up living in my hallway in a temporary pen (neutral bonding territory) for 2-3 weeks?? I can't see Henry staying put in such a small space for that long, and they won't half get in the way! :? Am I missing a trick, do you think? Maybe there's a better way of timing this?

It might be better to wait until the outside housing is ready for them all to move into. But I suppose you want to know they are getting on before putting them outside. It's too cold anyway to put them outside if they have been indoors for any length of time. It doesn't sound a good idea to have them in the hallway for weeks. Perhaps hang on for a while and hopefully the weather will get milder. You don't want to do anything which might jeopardise the bonding. Is the playhouse a 5 x 4?

Yes, I hadn't wanted to go ordering new accommodation/chopping up existing set-ups if they weren't going to all get along! I work and study, so am usually out of the house 4 days a week, but with the Easter break coming up I thought it might be a good time to try the bonding. True about the weather though, but I won't get another run of free time till uni finishes at the end of May. If only I could stay at home and play with rabbits all day!

Yes, I hadn't wanted to go ordering new accommodation/chopping up existing set-ups if they weren't going to all get along! I work and study, so am usually out of the house 4 days a week, but with the Easter break coming up I thought it might be a good time to try the bonding. True about the weather though, but I won't get another run of free time till uni finishes at the end of May. If only I could stay at home and play with rabbits all day!

I do! :lol: But I am 72 and retired. My friend says -you call that retired!

Back