• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What height puppy panels would you use to fence in an indoor rabbit?

I’m very impressed - wow!

Do you know how much each panel cost you to make? What size are they? I think MPH ones are 1m by 1m. I was just thinking how I could make my own Perspex panels (with some dad assistance) and then purchase a MPH door panel on its own and have an indoor enclosure at a fraction of the price.

Edited to add that the MPH panels are only 0.75m high. Not sure that’s high enough for an athletic rabbit?

Last edited:
I felt the mph ones weren’t tall enough, although they can make them to whatever size you want. Mine are 1.2m x 1.2m - I used twinwall polycarbonate on the back and one side https://www.diy.com/departments/clear-polycarbonate-roofing-sheet-1220mm-x-1220mm/35461_BQ.prd but as that isn’t completely see through and we want to be able to see the bunnies while sitting on the sofa (even though they are normally out & about!) I bought one perspex sheet which was more expensive (£32 I think). The wood wasn’t that expensive, maybe around £8 per panel. Plus screws which were only a couple of pounds from screwfix! Overall less than £20 per panel with the twinwall sheets but about £40 for the perspex one.

Oh Casco that is so amazing.

Orangediva I felt that the manor pet house panels were too small. I have used panels from a guinea pig run (metal) up on end to make a cage around the fridge. Will have to perfect the design before the pet sitter and mother sitter take over for a bit!

I am so rubbish at diy though (lots of stress and swearing). How do you fix the wood to the almost see through panels and to the perspex panel?

How do you fix the wood to the almost see through panels and to the perspex panel?

I just carefully drilled small holes in the panels then screwed them to the wooden frame. The perspex is harder to drill as it is more slippery, you could put a little bit of masking tape on first before drilling to stop the drill slipping. I actually made a small crack in the perspex when the drill slipped and sort of hit against the sheet :oops: not enough that it causes a problem, it just looks like there’s a little spider peeping round the wood :lol: was a bit more careful after that.

It sounds so possible ... Will try to find somewhere that delivers as i dont drive. I need to protect the fridge and the hay! May use a huge plastic storage box on wheels for the hay. It is outside atm.

Just ordered a pet gate for the doorway which will arrive on tuesday. It will need meshing. I can manage that i reakon. Got some metal cable ties somewhere.

It sounds so possible ... Will try to find somewhere that delivers as i dont drive. I need to protect the fridge and the hay! May use a huge plastic storage box on wheels for the hay. It is outside atm.

Just ordered a pet gate for the doorway which will arrive on tuesday. It will need meshing. I can manage that i reakon. Got some metal cable ties somewhere.
Not sure how far away I am but I'd be happy to come over and help build panels if you'd like. Just drop me a PM.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I felt the mph ones weren’t tall enough, although they can make them to whatever size you want. Mine are 1.2m x 1.2m - I used twinwall polycarbonate on the back and one side https://www.diy.com/departments/clear-polycarbonate-roofing-sheet-1220mm-x-1220mm/35461_BQ.prd but as that isn’t completely see through and we want to be able to see the bunnies while sitting on the sofa (even though they are normally out & about!) I bought one perspex sheet which was more expensive (£32 I think). The wood wasn’t that expensive, maybe around £8 per panel. Plus screws which were only a couple of pounds from screwfix! Overall less than £20 per panel with the twinwall sheets but about £40 for the perspex one.

That’s very, very economical compared to having one built 8)

I also have an awkwardly placed radiator where my indoor pen would go (if I ever had one) and would want to go taller than the MPH ones. Thanks so much fur the idea/ DIY lesson.

Tulsi - I couldn’t do it in my own either bu my dad used to build our hutches when we were kids including Perspex covers for winter so I reckon the could help with mine, wish he could help with yours too. Lovely offer from daphnephoebe :)

Not sure how far away I am but I'd be happy to come over and help build panels if you'd like. Just drop me a PM.

That is a totally amazing offer!!! I am about a two and a half hour drive from Cambridge according to google so rather a long way.

That is a totally amazing offer!!! I am about a two and a half hour drive from Cambridge according to google so rather a long way.
That's not too far really.
If you would like some help one weekend let me know and I'll see when I'm free :) x

Sorry only just seen this. Feeling utterly frazzled atm. Will message you when I am stronger x

Back