• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What height puppy panels would you use to fence in an indoor rabbit?

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I am hoping to adopt a highly cute young rabbit to live indoors. I will be getting him a friend once he has settled in. I have dogs so want a good sized puppy pen to fence himmin as well as the pet gate on the door (the door itself will be closed at night and if I am out).

What height would be sensible do you reakon?

I have 100cm high panels, I wouldn’t go any lower than than. I would go higher if you can, my girl has jumped out once although I think she may have jumped from a hide due to where it was positioned (quickly moved to a safer position!)

I am hoping to adopt a highly cute young rabbit to live indoors. I will be getting him a friend once he has settled in. I have dogs so want a good sized puppy pen to fence himmin as well as the pet gate on the door (the door itself will be closed at night and if I am out).

What height would be sensible do you reakon?

Exciting stuff!

Can’t help with the puppy panel height but I’m interested in what you decide as I’m looking at possibly needing to temporarily split my shed into two separate areas whilst awaiting neutering hormones to settle in a brother/sister pair. It’s only theoretical at present but, my goodness, they are cute and pretty much irresistible!

Casco - I’ve found lots that are 3ft high, where did you get your metre/3ft 3” ones?

Great. Those look nice and sturdy and come in a range of heights. I like the fact that you can easily step through as well. Thank you Casco.

Orangediva I am going to get panels as high as poss. Will be researching tonight.

They do look good - is the bar spacing ok? Or would you attach a fine gauge mesh which is what I was thinking of doing?

Mine are extremely similar to these, the ones with the door you can walk through make such a difference honestly - my boy bunny can climb out of it though I have some netting for the top. But if your bunnies are smaller than mine and less of a pain in the bum you might be okay. My female who's bigger than my male has never climbed or jumped out :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hmm good idea re; height. Just seen a review that says the bars are too wide apart for spaniel puppies. Meshing needed then. Humph.

Mine are extremely similar to these, the ones with the door you can walk through make such a difference honestly - my boy bunny can climb out of it though I have some netting for the top. But if your bunnies are smaller than mine and less of a pain in the bum you might be okay. My female who's bigger than my male has never climbed or jumped out :)

Just looked up ones with the door that you can walk through. A mere 198.00 pounds!!!!!!!!! (on amazon). Will check out ebay.

Hmm good idea re; height. Just seen a review that says the bars are too wide apart for spaniel puppies. Meshing needed then. Humph.

I’d come to that conclusion also. Mine would need to prevent any untoward behaviour as well as the getting trapped risk. It’s pretty easy with zip ties and a decent mesh cutter, I did a baby gate recently, just a faff as you say.

Just looked up ones with the door that you can walk through. A mere 198.00 pounds!!!!!!!!! (on amazon). Will check out ebay.
Woah whaat? They're 60£ish on amazon D:

I don’t have mine meshed, the bars are strong & don’t bend like the more dangerous versions. I did get my panels from eBay I think, they were slightly cheaper - nowhere near £198 mind you from either place, that is expensive!

Hee hee was a bit surprised by that price tag.

Just been looking at manor pet housing. Oh their stuff looks so so so wonderful. I want it all.

Will carry on looking.

I made my own version of the mph indoor panels, obviously not as professional looking but they do the job and the perspex stops hay / poops / fur from being spread about outside the pen. I only made panels for 3 sides, the 4th I use puppy panels - I couldn’t be bothered making a door panel so use one of the Ellie-bo door panels :lol:

Just been looking at manor pet housing. Oh their stuff looks so so so wonderful. I want it all.

Will carry on looking.

It’s all so tempting, isn’t it? The stuff I have is so incredibly well made - corner fort, ramp and large litter tray/ hay rack. If you had the right shaped room and could use two or three of your walls, you could minimise your panels and do an enclosure quite cheaply with MPH stuff. I’ve thought about it a lot, I have a radiator in the wrong place though. I live near them so I can collect my stuff and save a lot on delivery.

I made my own version of the mph indoor panels, obviously not as professional looking but they do the job and the perspex stops hay / poops / fur from being spread about outside the pen. I only made panels for 3 sides, the 4th I use puppy panels - I couldn’t be bothered making a door panel so use one of the Ellie-bo door panels :lol:

Sounds really interesting, do you have photos ? 8)

Sounds really interesting, do you have photos ? 8)

I basically made the panels the size of the perspex sheets to save me time cutting them :lol:

iLDXmBL.jpg

HMI76y7.jpg

Back