• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on connecting a run to a hutch.

zarathustra

Warren Scout
Hi there,

As the weather is improving (along with my financial status) I’m starting to plan operation ‘Happy Hoppers’, which is my plan to improve the boys living conditions.

They’re in a suitably sized hutch at the moment, but currently if we want to let them out it involves setting up the fences etc, and with no roof we can’t let them play when we’re at work etc.

Therefore I want to get a decent sized run, I was thinking of something from runaround.co.uk and then having a permanent connection to their hutch so that they can come and go as they please.

The issue is, diy isn’t my forte, and the current hutch is only 5 months old (and was a birthday present for my other half from her dad) so we don’t want to replace it with another hutch.

Does anyone have any experience fitting one of the runaround connector kits to a “normal” hutch? And has any one got any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The runaround kits are very good, and we used them when we had outdoor bunnies to connect hutch to run. They come with a template, hubby used a jigsaw to cut the hole.

I fitted a runaround door to my shed at my old house when it was a rabbit shed attached to a walk in run.

Well, when I say I I mean I had a man in to do it! I watched him, though, and it looked quite easy and he said the same. Like Zoobec’s hubby he used a jigsaw and I think anyone with basic DIY skills could do it. Good luck :)

Good idea, it is lovely to be able to open the runaround doors and they can choose whether to be inside or outside.

Like those above, my dh used a zigsaw. I can't say it wasn't fiddly, but great once it's sorted. We have connected a shed to a run and playhouses to a run x

Back