• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Elijah... kidney function.... now at peace... with his soulmate

Thanks again everyone.

I've been reluctant to up date in case I tempt fate but Elijah has run over to see me some times when I enter his room in the last few days, which is how he always used to be before his illness. He's got a bit of his enthusiasm back. :love:

Thanks again everyone.

I've been reluctant to up date in case I tempt fate but Elijah has run over to see me some times when I enter his room in the last few days, which is how he always used to be before his illness. He's got a bit of his enthusiasm back. :love:

Well done Elijah :love: :D

Elijah went into stasis last night and is on a drip. His kidney function is poor (but this could be dehydration rather than the true picture). He has a blood glucose of 14 and a big stomach. If this can't be sorted medically it might be time to let him go as he would be a poor candidate for surgery and also has a life limiting condition that is worsening.

My boy is very poorly.

Sending loads of vibes for Elijah. Also sending lots of hugs for you and hope that Elijah can improve.

Elijah went into stasis last night and is on a drip. His kidney function is poor (but this could be dehydration rather than the true picture). He has a blood glucose of 14 and a big stomach. If this can't be sorted medically it might be time to let him go as he would be a poor candidate for surgery and also has a life limiting condition that is worsening.

My boy is very poorly.

Hope you received my email early this morning, still sending millions of vibes xx

ETA- Just checked my emails, will reply ASAP XX

Thank you everyone, I am a bit on automatic pilot today, I have had 3 very sick bunnies in the last 5 days.

I have just been told Elijah is starting to take syringe feeds, not well but taking some.. tiny poos.. blood glucose of .. I have forgotten - normal range, six I think.

I am far more optimistic than I was.

Thank you everyone, I am a bit on automatic pilot today, I have had 3 very sick bunnies in the last 5 days.

I have just been told Elijah is starting to take syringe feeds, not well but taking some.. tiny poos.. blood glucose of .. I have forgotten - normal range, six I think.

I am far more optimistic than I was.

Oh this is sounding to be a lot more hopeful. I really hope he will continue to improve over the next few hours xx

I’m sorry you’ve had so many poorly bunnies lately :cry: I hope the others have recovered now?

I’m glad things seem to be looking more optimistic for Elijah now, topping up the vibes xx

He's quite the ittle fighter isn't he. Great to her the situation isn't as desperate now. Lots more get well vibes for Elijah & your other poorly bunnies

Back