• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Elijah... kidney function.... now at peace... with his soulmate

Yes. Sorry I didn't update last night, I was really tired as I didn't get chance to sleep during the day.

Elijah has made an amazing recovery, the vets couldn't believe the difference in him. He was eating well and really bright. "Like the old Elijah" I was told. I haven't seen "the old Elijah" for a while so I am looking forward to seeing him.

No treatment plans have been discussed yet.

I’m so pleased he’s received so well. You must be exhausted with it all ! I hope he will be able to come home soon xx

I’m sorry you’ve had so many poorly bunnies lately :cry: I hope the others have recovered now?

I’m glad things seem to be looking more optimistic for Elijah now, topping up the vibes xx

Thank you. Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier - combination of fatigue and lack of PC, phone screen and keyboard is too fiddly at times!

The other bunnies *touches wood* are also doing good, thank you. Barnaby was admitted on Friday evening with a blood glucose of 18.1 and looking worrying like he was going to be a blockage surgery case... we managed to dodge that bullet though the vet is worried there is something underlying as he had an episode only 6 weeks earlier, she's investigating a suspicious mass in his abdomen. Then on the Tuesday evening Gilbert was admitted with stasis and needed blockage surgery at 2.00 am - the precise time I was getting really worried about Elijah - so I took him in as soon as they have finished the blockage surgery on my other bunny! It was quite a night. By some miracle (or is that excellent vet care), all three bunnies are doing well.

Thank you. Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier - combination of fatigue and lack of PC, phone screen and keyboard is too fiddly at times!

The other bunnies *touches wood* are also doing good, thank you. Barnaby was admitted on Friday evening with a blood glucose of 18.1 and looking worrying like he was going to be a blockage surgery case... we managed to dodge that bullet though the vet is worried there is something underlying as he had an episode only 6 weeks earlier, she's investigating a suspicious mass in his abdomen. Then on the Tuesday evening Gilbert was admitted with stasis and needed blockage surgery at 2.00 am - the precise time I was getting really worried about Elijah - so I took him in as soon as they have finished the blockage surgery on my other bunny! It was quite a night. By some miracle (or is that excellent vet care), all three bunnies are doing well.

This is such good news about Elijah:D Sending vibes also for Gilbert and Barnaby.

Oh dear, you really have been through it :cry: I hope things improve for you now. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

Yes. Sorry I didn't update last night, I was really tired as I didn't get chance to sleep during the day.

Elijah has made an amazing recovery, the vets couldn't believe the difference in him. He was eating well and really bright. "Like the old Elijah" I was told. I haven't seen "the old Elijah" for a while so I am looking forward to seeing him.

No treatment plans have been discussed yet.

Oh thank goodness. You are way overdue some good news.

Can I have some of whatever the Vets gave Elijah please !!

Elijah is home and I can see a real difference in him. He has been on syringe feeds of Critical Care daily to top up his fluids which he runs over for a really enjoys. This vet gave Recovery Plus for him to have for a few days "for the probiotics", I had thought both were just food but now know they are not.

Elijah is home and I can see a real difference in him. He has been on syringe feeds of Critical Care daily to top up his fluids which he runs over for a really enjoys. This vet gave Recovery Plus for him to have for a few days "for the probiotics", I had thought both were just food but now know they are not.

really great news , it must be wonderfull having him home

:( He's done so well to get this far. massive hugs. I hope for a peaceful passing for your boy. Please be kind to yourself xxx

Back